Class of 2019 - SF Anthony Duruji / Transferring from La Tech to Florida | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Anthony Duruji / Transferring from La Tech to Florida

Really. First guy I looked at, Bryce Alford, talked about the pressure to live up to his scholarship.
From Wikipedia:
"Fans began questioning Alford's role compared to the crowd-favorite LaVine's, and he felt pressure to justify his scholarship.[16][17][18] Alford cited two games that helped boost his..."
This is exactly what I am talking about.
We don’t need Buddy to give up his scholarship unless we can bring in another recruit to help us win. JB gets his tuition free because of his employment.

Bryce Alford to drop scholarship to accommodate deep recruiting class

Again - Duruji. Take the discussions not related to him to the main board. Further unrelated posts will be nuked.

Thank you.

Give me this guy and a center please. Need some positive and uplifting news about now.

Really. First guy I looked at, Bryce Alford, talked about the pressure to live up to his scholarship.
From Wikipedia:
"Fans began questioning Alford's role compared to the crowd-favorite LaVine's, and he felt pressure to justify his scholarship.[16][17][18] Alford cited two games that helped boost his..."

Oops...2nd guy I checked was Doug McDermott. 3 years on scholarship, and only extraordinary circumstances took him of scholarship
Taking a Star’s Scholarship Is Creighton’s Secret

Don't be so free with other people's money, and assumptions about what other people did. I found this stuff in under 5 minutes.
Google. Very cool tool.
Sure. There are different reasons for doing this. But it's an option. And in some people's eyes, it might be a viable option.

Anthony Duruji, 6-7, 215, F, Soph., Louisiana Tech
Stats: 12.2 ppg, 6.2 rpg
Quick Scout: “Freak athlete. Strong, competitive, really good shooter with feet set. 6-foot-7, high upside. No brainer high-major.”
Schools: Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Seton Hall, Baylor, Illinois, Minnesota, Arizona State, VCU, USC, George Mason, Marquette, Ole Miss, Nevada, Indiana

Anthony Duruji, 6-7, 215, F, Soph., Louisiana Tech
Stats: 12.2 ppg, 6.2 rpg
Quick Scout: “Freak athlete. Strong, competitive, really good shooter with feet set. 6-foot-7, high upside. No brainer high-major.”
Schools: Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Seton Hall, Baylor, Illinois, Minnesota, Arizona State, VCU, USC, George Mason, Marquette, Ole Miss, Nevada, Indiana
If Capel gets him, I’m gonna barf. I like this kid for us if we lose Oshae. He’s from DC, so hopefully he wants to be back on the East Coast.

The more I read I want this kid here and then whatever Tate Martell and Justin Fields said to the NCAA we should make that argument and get this kid playing next year.
Fields: "I'm going to the Ohio State University. You don't mess with your marquee programs.

Martell: "I'm going to the U. You don't mess with your marquee programs."

Need to hire that same Attorney that Shea Patterson and those guys all had. Seems to have a 100% success rate.

Looks like a great fit for the zone. JB probably was drooling watching his tape. Can envision him coming from the weak side to erase shots. His game does have some similarities to Wes’s. We’ve had some good luck with normal transfers. Sign me up.

I think the key for a transfer to become immediately eligible is to not transfer to Syracuse.

I'm not one to usually say we're getting screwed on stuff like that, but it is getting pretty irritating with some of immediately eligibility decisions that have come about on the football side. But I digress.

I really like Anthony. I think my preference is a grad transfer in the middle but if we go a traditional transfer route, I'd love this pickup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom