Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, did Benny say when he’s going to announce? Didn’t he say before his HS season started or was that someone else?

If we land Benny we’re halfway there!

Dior and Benny locked up.
Need one of Cruz/Westry.
Need one big.

I think Samson is our backup plan if we don’t get Benny

Samson and Benny have different skill sets.

Samson and Benny have different skill sets.
I agree but if the staff doesn’t see Samson as a 5, I don’t think we’ll go after him if we get Benny - too many guys IMO

That was an interesting game to watch.

Benny does not play like a typical top 50 player. He is pretty quiet and laidback.

if I had a top notch player like him on my team, the offense would be built around him and run through him.

But he rarely touches the ball. Spends most of his time in the perimeter. Very odd.

When he did touch it, good things happened. A lot. He is clearly not selfish. Didn’t see much making his own shot. He has an excellent stroke and a reliable mid range jumper. He scored that way or on alley oop passes near the basket.

He wasn’t really physical, didn’t try and post up or demand the ball, didn’t battle for rebounding position down low much.

He had a really nice block early. Very agile, runs the court well. Had a couple nice passes. He didn’t handle the ball much but he brought it up the court a few times and it looks like he will be able to do some of that for us.

My guess is he becomes a reliable 3 point shooter over time. He is fairly skinny now but looks like he has a good frame and will fill out to 220 or 225 down the road.

You can see why SU is recruiting him. He is the classic Syracuse combo forward who can do everything well.

St Andrews played a lot of 2-3 zone. That should ease his adjustment to college.
The ran a lot of different sets for a HS team. They starter in a 5 out offense and was getting killed as they were missing their 3s.

Then Benny and another big started flashing to the post and scoring.

Then they started to run some motion stuff and took control of the game.

The coach was dressed in a suit and tie, you can tell he runs a tight ship.

Need one of Cruz/Westry.
Need one big.

Need one of Cruz/Westry.
Need one big.

What about the Roddy Gale kid from Niagara Falls? I want him, too, because he looks really good but also probably a multi year player at guard. But yes, I want Westry as well.

That was an interesting game to watch.

Benny does not play like a typical top 50 player. He is pretty quiet and laidback.

if I had a top notch player like him on my team, the offense would be built around him and run through him.

But he rarely touches the ball. Spends most of his time in the perimeter. Very odd.

When he did touch it, good things happened. A lot. He is clearly not selfish. Didn’t see much making his own shot. He has an excellent stroke and a reliable mid range jumper. He scored that way or on alley oop passes near the basket.

He wasn’t really physical, didn’t try and post up or demand the ball, didn’t battle for rebounding position down low much.

He had a really nice block early. Very agile, runs the court well. Had a couple nice passes. He didn’t handle the ball much but he brought it up the court a few times and it looks like he will be able to do some of that for us.

My guess is he becomes a reliable 3 point shooter over time. He is fairly skinny now but looks like he has a good frame and will fill out to 220 or 225 down the road.

You can see why SU is recruiting him. He is the classic Syracuse combo forward who can do everything well.

St Andrews played a lot of 2-3 zone. That should ease his adjustment to college.
That's pretty much what i thought. He was incredibly efficient, and yet the team scheme seemed to treat him as 'just another dude.' I didn't like that he didn't 'crash' the boards, and didn't dribble at all or penetrate (much). But, what he does do, he does with great competence. Not an 'alpha,' and that kind of thing worries me. I wonder how much more assertive he can/could be. Seems like a CJ Fair kind of guy.

That's pretty much what i thought. He was incredibly efficient, and yet the team scheme seemed to treat him as 'just another dude.' I didn't like that he didn't 'crash' the boards, and didn't dribble at all or penetrate (much). But, what he does do, he does with great competence. Not an 'alpha,' and that kind of thing worries me. I wonder how much more assertive he can/could be. Seems like a CJ Fair kind of guy.
Better shooter than CJ, one of the hardest things is to find are guys who can play off the ball. What is great about Benny being able to play off the ball is it is great for playing with the guards we have and will be bringing in.

While I agree he could be more aggressive on the glass he had 7 and their offense doesn't allow him many offensive rebounding opportunities.

Also he didn't do anything stupid to get himself in foul trouble in which case they would have probably lost the game.

Last edited:
He already gave a silent verbal lol. Same with Westry.
Do you mean a verbal commitment which is secret outside of the program. Hard to be verbal and silent.

Silent, loud, who gives a...

Sign me up! Those two are the biggest for our future, IMO.

Oh boy!!! Bulldog should already know this one...we getting him?

giphy.gif

Maryland worries me a bit but we have recruited him hard. Hope he wants to be part of what we are building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom