Class of 2022 - SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, pretty sure that would be summarily nipped in the bud here
(no pun intended)
Not necessarily true...we have seen some with green lights to just keep shooting, regardless of the results.

He does a lot of chucking from 3. It can be hard to watch at times when hes not hitting

Yeah, that's the knock. Doesn't mean he isn't a decent prospect, but people need to wrap their heads around him being one-dimensional -- he's a shooter who doesn't do much on the glass, isn't especially physical, and doesn't put much effort in defensively.

Obviously, those latter two things could change, but that's the scouting report.

He does a lot of chucking from 3. It can be hard to watch at times when hes not hitting
Getting Mookie Jones vibes; I’d wait for the transfer portal. Maybe Andre Jackson will be ready to come “home”

He may stink as a shooter but we currently lack athleticism which is his specialty

It's not just shooting. He can't score at all from anywhere.

And last I checked athleticism won't a problem with Copeland, Taylor, or Benny Williams. They are all plus athletes.

We will need shooting next year badly with Buddy and possibly Swider gone.

What's being said about Bunch is basically what was said about Woody Newton.

He may stink as a shooter but we currently lack athleticism which is his specialty

Jackson would have to be like a collegiate Sefolasha. Right now his value is as an athlete, a plus defender and he also is a good passer. Until he develops an offensive game which is rough to do when you have no jumper as a wing player, he is going to be just a depth guy. Not saying he can't get better but overall against a bigger team he can be dead weight on offense.

Jackson would have to be like a collegiate Sefolasha. Right now his value is as an athlete, a plus defender and he also is a good passer. Until he develops an offensive game which is rough to do when you have no jumper as a wing player, he is going to be just a depth guy. Not saying he can't get better but overall against a bigger team he can be dead weight on offense.
One of the Cuse legends Stevie Thompson says hello

And last I checked athleticism won't a problem with Copeland, Taylor, or Benny Williams. They are all plus athletes.

What's being said about Bunch is basically what was said about Woody Newton.imo

What's being said about Bunch is basically what was said about Woody Newton.
After watching Copeland and Taylor in EYBL play neither are superior athletes like Andre. If Benny has a stand out first year I don’t expect him to be on campus for his sophomore year.

Completely different player in a different era and Jackson isn't nearly the raw talent Stevie was. Jackson is somewhat slow footed on the drive despite his ability to jump out of the gym.

I watched more than I care to admit in UConn games last year. He had his moments but really didn't flash as a big-time athlete often at all. He looked better in HS against HS defenders. He still is a damn good athlete but he just doesn't do much yet. So many holes in his game including the most important one in the current era.

We can do better than Andre Jackson in the portal.
You are likely correct but from our past interest in players from the portal we seem to target those we had a previous recruiting relationship with.

Jackson would be a good snag from the portal if we decided to get back to pressing more for the time he is here. To me that is where his greatest value can be so that he gets lots of time playing in transition.

Yes hope you enjoy the annual bubble talk.
Good luck with a team full of Stevie Thompsons. I love Stevie, he was a great player for us. If he played now, he would likely develop his other skills differently. But, his game from back in the day would find him sitting on the bench.

Good luck with a team full of Stevie Thompsons. I love Stevie, he was a great player for us. If he played now, he would likely develop his other skills differently. But, his game from back in the day would find him sitting on the bench.
His son proves the axiom, those that can, do, those who can’t teach. He taught his kid to be a pretty good shooter.

His son proves the axiom, those that can, do, those who can’t teach. He taught his kid to be a pretty good shooter.
Anyone that played on a D1 scholarship should safely be on the “do” side of this

If you plopped 1989 Stevie into modern college hoops, he would be essentially useless and he would barely even see the court. Hell, we recruited another version of him (LeSean Howard, who Boeheim himself is on record as saying he was the best ATHLETE he ever recruited) in the late 90s and major D1 basketball had already evolved that type of player out of existence within a 10 year window from when Stevie played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom