Class of 2022 - SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened pretty quick after JJ got Brey'd. Is it safe to say it was dependent upon JJ going elsewhere?

Bunch rounds out a really solid class with a lot of length & athleticism. Bunch fits in well with his skill set vs the others.
Bunch was dependent with Lands...Browns offer became "commitable" when JJ passed on us

Are u drunk? It has been posted numerous times on here where our class ranks with the addition of Bunch.

Too be fair, he did say that he thinks other classes will pass us as additional top kids commit. I think the opposite is just as likely after Carey and Copeland get ranked higher after additional play. Brown could push back into the top 100 as well.

What I’m absolutely loving with this class and the direction our program is heading in, especially with the state of our current team, is the culture and fellowship we are building. Our chemistry is at an elite level imo and is the foundation to any great team. All 5 of our commits seem to be excited to join us and all genuinely seem to bleed Orange and those are the only types of players I want!

I think this all starts with the guys on this years team, they all seem very engaged and happy and represent Syracuse with passion. They really appear to be more than just teammates, but dare I say brothers! - and this is crucial. Every one of our commits has mentioned that the guys on the team and the coaching staff were huge influences in their decisions and I think this really speaks volumes to what we are trying to build here and what it means to be apart of Syracuse basketball.

As much question or doubt that JB gets for not doing this or that, not giving the right amount of minutes, being too old, not being able relate or connect with recruits anymore, whatever it is...at the end of the day you simply cannot deny the brand and the atmosphere of family that he has built with this program, which stays long after guys play their last minute and what a lot of players want to be apart of and experience at the college level.

I think this type of passion, which is clear with our 21-22 team and should likely continue into next year, will end up paying off greatly for our success and future and should be a great look for anybody we decide to go after and recruit next. I know things can always go south and change at any moment, especially in the transfer age, guys can become unhappy and leave quick and maybe I am being overly passionate, but I really feel the guys we got in this class genuinely want to be here and will be here to build something special for the future.

I think Chris Bunch’s mom is alluding winning 1 more championship, as Chris also has the national title in his commitment edit and I don’t necessarily think that we are going to be that kind of good, not at this stage, but it’s great to know that’s the energy starting to surround our program. LGO!

What I’m absolutely loving with this class and the direction our program is heading in, especially with the state of our current team, is the culture and fellowship we are building. Our chemistry is at an elite level imo and is the foundation to any great team. All 5 of our commits seem to be excited to join us and all genuinely seem to bleed Orange and those are the only types of players I want!

I think this all starts with the guys on this years team, they all seem very engaged and happy and represent Syracuse with passion. They really appear to be more than just teammates, but dare I say brothers! - and this is crucial. Every one of our commits has mentioned that the guys on the team and the coaching staff were huge influences in their decisions and I think this really speaks volumes to what we are trying to build here and what it means to be apart of Syracuse basketball.

As much question or doubt that JB gets for not doing this or that, not giving the right amount of minutes, being too old, not being able relate or connect with recruits anymore, whatever it is...at the end of the day you simply cannot deny the brand and the atmosphere of family that he has built with this program, which stays long after guys play their last minute and what a lot of players want to be apart of and experience at the college level.

I think this type of passion, which is clear with our 21-22 team and should likely continue into next year, will end up paying off greatly for our success and future and should be a great look for anybody we decide to go after and recruit next. I know things can always go south and change at any moment, especially in the transfer age, guys can become unhappy and leave quick and maybe I am being overly passionate, but I really feel the guys we got in this class genuinely want to be here and will be here to build something special for the future.

I think Chris Bunch’s mom is alluding winning 1 more championship, as Chris also has the national title in his commitment edit and I don’t necessarily think that we are going to be that kind of good, not at this stage, but it’s great to know that’s the energy starting to surround our program. LGO!
Lets hope they have a better retention with this class than that class from '20

Generally I think this is a pretty average class in comparison to many of our classes over recent years. No studs, but a bunch of players who are athletic, long and that we have identified as under the radar kids and/or developmental players. IMO thats a good and bad thing. But Im a big big fan of the length, hight and athleticism of this class as it relates to our defense/zone and the issues it could potentially create in the future and am glad they went after players that can cause havoc defensively. Its been missing at this level in a number of previous classes. One of the negatives i see in the class outside of having a.stud or two is that, in this day and age, i just don't know how many are going to be willing to 'wait their turn' so to speak (ex last years class). Going to be interesting to.see how.the class turns out 3-4 years from now

C4B3CC0C-7DDD-4831-A5D8-3287B51CD021.jpeg

Generally I think this is a pretty average class in comparison to many of our classes over recent years. No studs, but a bunch of players who are athletic, long and that we have identified as under the radar kids and/or developmental players. IMO thats a good and bad thing. But Im a big big fan of the length, hight and athleticism of this class as it relates to our defense/zone and the issues it could potentially create in the future and am glad they went after players that can cause havoc defensively. Its been missing at this level in a number of previous classes. One of the negatives i see in the class outside of having a.stud or two is that, in this day and age, i just don't know how many are going to be willing to 'wait their turn' so to speak (ex last years class). Going to be interesting to.see how.the class turns out 3-4 years from now

For the majority of this class the maximum I see in terms of waiting their turn is one year.

I think this is an above average class once the dust settles and they get going on their final year of HS/Prep. It likely finishes as a top 15 class with the potential to be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom