Class of 2022 - SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting this here. The tweet is on the b-ball board too but it ties to Bunch.

RocNation is JayZs agency and also where Bunch’s stepdad is an executive. I’m sure that’s Jack Overdyk arranging it who is an SU alum.

99AC29E3-5AAC-4473-A386-72DB9B13B6EF.jpeg

Pretty sure thegoodz12 is Bunch’s stepfather who works at Rocnation. His account is private so he has to grant access to follow him and see his posts. Buddy put his post into a story, so Buddy was granted access. Overdyk reposted this poster of Buddy and Jimmy too. Could be good for us getting bunch.

This just got posted, highlight clip of Bunch from Peach Jam. He looks like a pretty good defender here.

I only watched one of Bunch's games. It was a high school game and not AAU. He was playing out of position at center and undersized but he fought hard defensively and on the boards in that one. I was surprised to hear people say he's a one dimensional shooter who plays no defense.

I only watched one of Bunch's games. It was a high school game and not AAU. He was playing out of position at center and undersized but he fought hard defensively and on the boards in that one. I was surprised to hear people say he's a one dimensional shooter who plays no defense.
Well, you watching a full high school game puts you well ahead of most of us offering our "expert" analysis of his game. Some qualify with the disclaimer that they are judging only on highlights. Others have it all figured out within a 30 second clip.

View attachment 207739

Pretty sure thegoodz12 is Bunch’s stepfather who works at Rocnation. His account is private so he has to grant access to follow him and see his posts. Buddy put his post into a story, so Buddy was granted access. Overdyk reposted this poster of Buddy and Jimmy too. Could be good for us getting bunch.

This could actually help in getting JJ. This is a good sign we're getting bunch, obviously, but local kid potentially getting love from HOV? This is bigger than most people will realize.

This could actually help in getting JJ. This is a good sign we're getting bunch, obviously, but local kid potentially getting love from HOV? This is bigger than most people will realize.
It’s as if the timing was intentional.

This just got posted, highlight clip of Bunch from Peach Jam. He looks like a pretty good defender here.

At least in these clips the defensive effort is there...

Shot release is really fast. Follow through needs a fair amount of work. Traveled on basically everyone one of his 3 point attempts in the video; little no-dribble bunny hop before shooting every time. Footwork needs to be improved a lot.

Honestly I think there is a lot to work with in this kid and that we are collectively undervaluing him somewhat.

At first I was like no kidding but this actually may be good news. This announcement makes it seem likely that he won’t be going on more visits and prolonging this. With 2 visits, the roc nation connection and the fact that we have the best program of the three, I like our chances.

I like our chances but also hard to bet against Hop with the comments he made about what he's looking for from his coach...explains Hop to a T. Does seem like with 2 visits and some of the other things happening (rocnation/buddy) that we're the favorites.

Last edited:
I like our chances but also hard to bet against Hop with the comments he made about what he's looking for from his coach...explains Hop to a T. Does seem like with 2 visits and some of the other things happening (rocnation/buddy) that we're the favorites.

seeing as hop will be our coach next year, prob good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom