Class of 2024 - SF Cooper Flagg (ME) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SF Cooper Flagg (ME)

Maybe we have a shot with Hunter Flagg?

Cooper Flagg is friends with Estrella. Am I insane to entertain the thought that we get Estrella and then Estrella recruits Flagg? Open up a pipeline from ... Maine?

“Me and Cooper are pretty close,” Estrella said. “We both ball around with each other and we’re both doing big things for Maine and we’re showing out for our state which is just awesome to do.”

Cooper Flagg is friends with Estrella. Am I insane to entertain the thought that we get Estrella and then Estrella recruits Flagg? Open up a pipeline from ... Maine?

“Me and Cooper are pretty close,” Estrella said. “We both ball around with each other and we’re both doing big things for Maine and we’re showing out for our state which is just awesome to do.”
You never know. I originally heard about Flagg last summer when I heard we had offered JP and checked out the Portland newspaper. There was an article about the soon to be 9th grader Flagg who was playing way above his age. Anyway my first thought was if we can land JP maybe that gives us an in with Cooper. Bonus points for getting Coopers twin brother Ace.

What I like to see... Make a great play, get back on defense.

He’s the most dominating player I’ve seen since Bill Walton. Games are totally different, but just dominates the game. This kid should never see a college court. He’s NBA ready now. He adds another 15-20 pounds, it won’t be fair!

He’s the most dominating player I’ve seen since Bill Walton. Games are totally different, but just dominates the game. This kid should never see a college court. He’s NBA ready now. He adds another 15-20 pounds, it won’t be fair!
This kid has good bloodlines but how many kids come out of the state of Maine. Mom (Kelly), 5'10" was a star at Univ of Maine. Dad (Ralph) played at community college. Older brother (Hunter)-not as good. Twin (Ace) good, but not as good as Cooper. This kid has the physical characteristics and the drive to become really special. Hopefully he bypasses college. Would hate to see him at Duke.

He's an American Luka in many ways. Some differences of course but otherwise he's on that trajectory. Duke can dream but this kid is already about pro ready. By the time he can go, college is a waste.

Maybe we have a shot with Hunter Flagg?
Or maybe Colonel Flagg
Perhaps Capt. Tuttle has some insight.

jg0pn1zsfmn81.jpg

Last edited:
He's an American Luka in many ways. Some differences of course but otherwise he's on that trajectory. Duke can dream but this kid is already about pro ready. By the time he can go, college is a waste.
This kid guards where Luke is a horrible defensive player. Could he? Maybe, but he puts no effort into guarding people. He’s the biggest whiner in the league.

This kid guards where Luke is a horrible defensive player. Could he? Maybe, but he puts no effort into guarding people. He’s the biggest whiner in the league.

You are taking it too literally. My point is he has superstar written all over him, shares some characteristics with Luka and ultimately college would simply be an unnecessary delay in his career.

I mean he plays in Maine so idk what the competition is like there but just saying….

Yeah this kid would be smart to not touch a college court unless he gets a bag which is definitely a possibility. I don’t know where this kid is gonna go but if he goes to college, the team that gets him is immediately in the conversation for a title. This kid can do literally everything well, he makes players around him better, he’s a bucket at all 3 levels, can pass well, rebounds well and defends well. If this kid went to Duke, they’d be a favorite to win it all, if he went to damn Marist that team would make an FAU type run. This kid is that good. Best high school player I’ve seen since definitely at least 2010. Dude is just a winner and can fill up the stat sheet in EVERY category and that’s not an exaggeration. Not saying it’s going to happen but kid has best basketball player of a generation like potential

I mean he plays in Maine so idk what the competition is like there but just saying….
At Monteverde playing on the A team with Givens and playing a national schedule. But Iowa, Michigan, UCLA and Duke all offered before he finished 9th grade . . . at Nokomis in Maine.

Sorry Red Flagg. Our obstacles are numerous. Don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer