Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

It was never us, no matter what was said here. This was an obvious one.
It could have been if we got him to commit before Kansas and UCLA showed up. We would have been in the driver’s seat.

Gotta shout out to Griff and Autry for looking far afield in Cali, doing the work to identify this kid and get him to visit from across the county, and then get ourselves in the race.

Last edited:
bags grocery GIF

I wondered if SU even reached out to him over the past few days? Kansas didn’t give up. Fought right up to the end and pulled it off.

I wondered if SU even reached out to him over the past few days? Kansas didn’t give up. Fought right up to the end and pulled it off.
Why would anyone even waste time wondering about this. We shot our shot. You can only do so much based on the resources at hand. If you bring a knife to a gun fight, you probably won't win.

Until things are different at the top, nothing will probably change much. Occasionally we will get a Judah Mintz, but his finalists were DePaul, NCState and Wake. Not UCLA and Kansas. Looking back, after watching Judah at Oak Hill, I still don't understand why he wasn't more heavily recruited and higher ranked, but fortunately for Syracuse we were extremely lucky that he fell into our laps.

If what was said here was true, we were targeting him for 2023 and he chose NOT to reclass, not sure what good pushing for him would’ve done.

Why would anyone even waste time wondering about this. We shot our shot. You can only do so much based on the resources at hand. If you bring a knife to a gun fight, you probably won't win.

Until things are different at the top, nothing will probably change much. Occasionally we will get a Judah Mintz, but his finalists were DePaul, NCState and Wake. Not UCLA and Kansas. Looking back, after watching Judah at Oak Hill, I still don't understand why he wasn't more heavily recruited and higher ranked, but fortunately for Syracuse we were extremely lucky that he fell into our laps.
You are 100 percent right here. You could literally cut and paste this into every recruiting thread right now.

This is why embracing NIL is absolutely essential for any high-major coach who wants their team to compete at the highest level. Kansas has the best coach in the country and incredible facilities, coming off a national championship and they STILL had to drop a big bag to get a four-star junior.

You're not going to get anywhere by claiming to be "above it" or crying poor to your fanbase and local media.

Agreed. We had a chance when we got creative -- kid is a high major talent who was a bit underrated, and we were pushing the reclassification angle / NIL to land him.

There was a window for that approach to work, but when the blue chip programs begin to sniff around our chances went by the wayside.

In order the allocation of NIL
Player retention
Portal players
HS players.

Obviously depends on the talent of the individual player and needs of the particular team. Cant really order this.

This article suggests he may still reclass… also self swooped in at the last minute…

That article is funny. 24 hours previously he said all the same things about UCLA and Cronin in the Totora interview. Although he did say he was looking for as much NIL as possible.

That article is funny. 24 hours previously he said all the same things about UCLA and Cronin in the Totora interview. Although he did say he was looking for as much NIL as possible.

Hmm wonder what changed… lol

That said, all things being equal, I am sure Cuse had an uphill battle since Marcus is a west coast kid

Seems like it actually was
Money was probably the decision maker between UCLA and Kansas. Definitely not the reason he isn't coming here. I think that was the point trying to be made there.

So, did SU just wave the flag here when UCLA and Kansas got involved? Why is it you don't ever hear
about SU coaches making last minute visits to a recruit to try and sway him? I can understand maybe
not going there, but as I posted under Boogie's, the staff just seems quite apathetic to the efforts
necessary to chase high end talent, and if that's the case, it's time to hang it up.

Kev
The head coach should be making the last minute pitch that's why JB needs to be gone.