Class of 2023 - SF Matas Buzelis (IL / Brewster) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Matas Buzelis (IL / Brewster) Offered

Nothing on us here. Yukon got a visit and also recently had a 5 star stud in Taylor Bol Bowen visit. 9th ranked recruiting class for 21 for anyone keeping track. Im not going to get down because there's still lots or crootin left (including portal) but man not too long ago it seemed like we had so much momentum going and now its a bit slow. Really hope we can pull off JJ...would be a huge lift for the program.

*disclaimer*

I love the additions of JT/Quadir and also like who we're involved with still so I don't want to seem like a Debbie downer...just a little bummed that the mojo we had going seems to have died down a bit.

Five star recruits are not choosing schools because of their academics. Can’t believe we hear so much talk about academics in this forum

Couldn’t agree more, it’s so ridiculous. It’s the hiking trails and symphony that brings em in.

Matas into the top 10! I was bummed by the recent 247Sports article detailing visits, with no mention of SU. We'll have to see how this one plays out.

Yea this kid is only going to a blue blood or getting paid to go pro route. So skilled!

He looks like he weighs about 160 pounds. He’s not going pro at that size.

Hes a 6'10 point forward thats around 180-190 in the class of 2023...I think he will be fine lol. Chet Holmgren like.

I think he’s a skinny version of Flip.

I wonder if there’s the potential for Buzelis to reclass into 22. Perhaps the staff already has that in mind.

Given Jimmy will be gone next year and the potential for Swider and Benny to graduate to the pros, we have plenty of room for wings and forwards. Our two commits in that class are guards and peter Carey seems more like a project center if we land him. This is a kid that certainly had the talent to move up his class and would be such a good fit for us.

Last edited:
I wonder if there’s the potential for Buzelis to reclass into 22. Perhaps the staff already has that in mind.

Given Jimmy will be gone next year and the potential for Swider and Benny to graduate to the pros, we have plenty of room for wings and forwards. Our two commits in that class are guards and peter Carey seems more like a project center if we land him. This is a kid that certainly had the talent to move up his class and I think he’d be such a good fit for us.
Don't give us all orange balls with excitement

I thought JB doesn't leave Syracuse. Seems like he's everywhere.
He went to Brewster. The rest of the staff has been doing the longer distance visits so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom