Class of 2023 - SF Matas Buzelis (IL / Brewster) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Matas Buzelis (IL / Brewster) Offered

Yeah, Buzelis has all the blue-bloods circling. Offers already from Kansas and UNC. Recently offered by Michigan and Ohio State (not saying they're blue-bloods). And Duke/Kentucky visiting him. This is gonna be a tough one for SU to win out.

Screenshot_20220408-221342_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220408-221434_Chrome.jpg

Jim was there for the previous game and didn't realize it had ended, so he was watching Matas on accident. I'm told he won't make that mistake again.
Haha. Hey, now Matas is going to commit, I like JB's strategy!!!

I'm a fan of Syracuse basketball over the college game in general. If he wasn't coming here i'm happy with this result.

Even with the $ I still wonder if it is the right choice for the kid. He could have had a great year being he big man on some top campus and still not been hurting for $ due to NIL. But on the other hand perhaps he didn't want to be part of the charade of being a college athlete and just wants to work on his game.

Either way we won't have to worry about defending him.

Salaries up to $500,000. That can cause a kid to choose the ignite over UK and UNC.

Salaries up to $500,000. That can cause a kid to choose the ignite over UK and UNC.
You don’t think the collectives at UNC and Duke will pay more than 500k for a top 20 recruit??

You don’t think the collectives at UNC and Duke will pay more than 500k for a top 20 recruit??
I mean Miami paid $400k for transfers that aren’t household names lol. Imagine what how much some teams paid for transfers where the finances aren't public...

Not necessarily.

I mean it’s more than that though. It’s also not having to do school, basketball just being the only focus in their life. If the money is similar, that could be enticing to some if they don’t really care for school and the traditions and such of college ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom