Class of 2017 - SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri

Great day for the state of Missouri if you like tigers and donkeys.

Enjoy getting your ace kicked at Mizzou.

Or you could come somewhere, receive a valuable coaching/life experience, play the best competition in the land and be a top 5 pick.

I'd rather play Kansas AND Duke/UNC/Ville

I personally hate the fact that this kid is going to what I think will be a terrible team even with him next year.

Having said that, I find it kind of funny that in college basketball, we give a kid crap for choosing a school where he'll have to work harder to win, and on the flipside, if an NBA player signs somewhere to win, we give them for taking the easy way out.

I think Porter's situation is different because he's not really going somewhere that's harder to win IMO; he's going somewhere with no chance of winning regardless of how hard he works.

But everyone has different priorities. I can't hate on the kid for wanting to stay close to his family/return home to Missouri for one more year before he begins his NBA career. I personally could never imagine having my choice of any school in the country and choosing one where I'll almost certainly lose a ton, but to each their own.

Yeah, like I said, I can't hate on him for wanting to spend one more year with his family back home. I get it. Just wouldn't be the decision I would personally make and it's kind of depressing for me as a college/NBA fan that I probably won't see Porter play much because his school will never be on TV/won't make the NCAA tournament.

I disagree. They were literally one of the worst teams in the country this year and none of their players played particularly well. Their three best players are:
- a former 4 star transfer from Texas that was great finishing inside but can't shoot to save his life and insists on jacking up 3's anyways
- a borderline top 350 recruit who also struggles to shoot but also couples that with being a terrible finisher inside
- a 3 star PG that shot 45% at the rim, which is basically unheard of, but might be a decent shooter

Obviously it depends on who follows Porter to Missouri, but I don't think this team is even close to what Simmons had in LSU for example, and that team missed the tournament. I think Missouri will struggle to be .500 even with the Porter brothers.

Obviously recruiting rankings aren't everything, but LSU had like 5 top 100 recruits on it along with Simmons. Missouri currently has 1 if you count the Texas transfer.
This thread aged well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom