Class of 2017 - SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri

image.jpg

I wonder if Daejon Davis is going to ask for his release? It was only West Coast schools recruiting him so I'm not sure he'd even consider us but I always liked his game. Never felt as strongly about Jaylen Nowell but he's a top 100 guard as well. No clue who was recruiting him prior to committing to Romar. No clue if either guy will ask for their release.

Nope. This is only the beginning.
Tilmon will be a good player and Harris is more of a program kid and pretty good. I guess they will be ok year 2 with younger porter back but I don't think it's sustainable past 2 years.

Tilmon will be a good player and Harris is more of a program kid and pretty good. I guess they will be ok year 2 with younger porter back but I don't think it's sustainable past 2 years.
Why not?

Why not?
If you take out the Porters they basically have a guy rated around 40 and two guards just outside the top 100. They also were terrible last year with no history to pull from. They have to compete with UK and Florida along with South Carolina.

If you take out the Porters they basically have a guy rated around 40 and two guards just outside the top 100. They also were terrible last year with no history to pull from. They have to compete with UK and Florida along with South Carolina.
They have to compete with UK and Florida. Third best team in the SEC is always up for grabs. The conference is less competitive than the Big 12, where the Tigers were routinely a top team.

Who cares about last year? Different coach.

There are three more Porter boys.

More importantly, Cuonzo Martin has a pipeline from East St. Louis and he's going to start getting kids from St. Louis as well, something Mizzou hasn't been able to do for a long time.

BTW, Jordan Barnett was a top 100 recruit who was originally at Texas. Terrence Phillips was the starting PG at Oak Hill and is the career leader in assists. Kassius Robertson is a career 40% shooter from three.

They have to compete with UK and Florida. Third best team in the SEC is always up for grabs. The conference is less competitive than the Big 12, where the Tigers were routinely a top team.

More importantly, Cuonzo Martin has a pipeline from East St. Louis and he's going to start getting kids from St. Louis as well, something Mizzou hasn't been able to do for a long time.

BTW, Jordan Barnett was a top 100 recruit who was originally at Texas. Terrence Phillips was the starting PG at Oak Hill and is the career leader in assists. Kassius Robertson is a career 40% shooter from three.
Methinks you know too much about Mizzou.

I've mentioned before but I live in KS so I see a pretty decent amount of coverage on Mizzou also. Martin certainly has the recruiting connections to be successful. But what do you think about him on the sidelines? It doesn't seem like his teams at Tennessee and Cal have quite played up to their potential based on the talent. That's what I'm most curious about.

I've mentioned before but I live in KS so I see a pretty decent amount of coverage on Mizzou also. Martin certainly has the recruiting connections to be successful. But what do you think about him on the sidelines? It doesn't seem like his teams at Tennessee and Cal have quite played up to their potential based on the talent. That's what I'm most curious about.
I think Martin's underrated as a coach at this point. He had Tennessee on the right track and back in the tournament, but the fans didn't care for him. He led Cal back to the dance in his second year, but yeah, last season was a step backward. And he wasn't happy there. Now he's where he wants to be and where people are excited to have him. A lot of Mizzou fans (myself included) thought he should have been hired when he went to the Vols and the Tigers wound up with Frank Haith.

As far as X's and O's are concerned, you know he's going to have the players hustling and playing tough D. One of his assistants was with Fred Hoiberg at Iowa State and will implement that offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom