Class of 2017 - SF Nahziah Carter to Washington | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Nahziah Carter to Washington

Tucker > grad transfer (?) > Wright > Carter. I would have to think long and hard about a grad transfer. Certainly over Carter. I love Wright as a player, he has the outside scoring that Carter lacks at this point, but he does need to get stronger. The team needs outside shooting much more than they need an inside presence right now. I would probably choose a good grad transfer over Wright in '17 because of the amount of production you would get.

Tucker > grad transfer (?) > Wright > Carter. I would have to think long and hard about a grad transfer. Certainly over Carter. I love Wright as a player, he has the outside scoring that Carter lacks at this point, but he does need to get stronger. The team needs outside shooting much more than they need an inside presence right now. I would probably choose a good grad transfer over Wright in '17 because of the amount of production you would get.

Grad Transfer should be the last option. We aren't going to be elite with one to begin with so why don't we sign a prospect that can be great for us in a few years? I'm of the opinion that Wright has higher upside than Tucker, but Tucker fills the more immediate need of shooting this year. I hope we sign either one of them or Carter before a 5th year.

Saw City Rocks plays this weekend in INDY at the second session of the EYBL, they had a tough weekend going 0-4. A couple of thought about the team and SU targets...
They can score but there overall defense is terrible, especially on the perimeter. In the Last game against the PSA Cardinals they shot 65% from 2 pt range and 54% from the 3 point line and still lost!! GMac was at most of their games. Stewart looked really good, he needs to work on his post moves as he has a tendency to just throw it at the basket at times, but his motor is top notch. J. Williams and Nahz Carter were up and down, at times looked really good, other times playing one on one basketball and taking bad shots. Of the two, I think that Williams is a better prospect at this point. Girard is streaky, but when he is on can really fill it up, but his defense needs a lot of improvement and he is nowhere near the 6’2” he is listed at. In the final game against PSA Cardinals, Wright did not play. City Rocks just let Cole Anthony and others fire away uncontested jumps while playing a very soft 2-3 zone. That being said, at times two other guards for City Rocks, Jalen Pickett, out of Rochester and Greg Dolan out of Buffalo are excellent defenders and got City Rocks back into games over the weekend. Buddy did not attend, I was told that he injured his wrist the previous weekend.

Saw City Rocks plays this weekend in INDY at the second session of the EYBL, they had a tough weekend going 0-4. A couple of thought about the team and SU targets...
They can score but there overall defense is terrible, especially on the perimeter. In the Last game against the PSA Cardinals they shot 65% from 2 pt range and 54% from the 3 point line and still lost!! GMac was at most of their games. Stewart looked really good, he needs to work on his post moves as he has a tendency to just throw it at the basket at times, but his motor is top notch. J. Williams and Nahz Carter were up and down, at times looked really good, other times playing one on one basketball and taking bad shots. Of the two, I think that Williams is a better prospect at this point. Girard is streaky, but when he is on can really fill it up, but his defense needs a lot of improvement and he is nowhere near the 6’2” he is listed at. In the final game against PSA Cardinals, Wright did not play. City Rocks just let Cole Anthony and others fire away uncontested jumps while playing a very soft 2-3 zone. That being said, at times two other guards for City Rocks, Jalen Pickett, out of Rochester and Greg Dolan out of Buffalo are excellent defenders and got City Rocks back into games over the weekend. Buddy did not attend, I was told that he injured his wrist the previous weekend.

Thanks for sharing. Who were some of the personnel they were going against? We have a few posters from Ohio on here. A few from Cleveland/Akron and Cincy. Good to see some Cbus represented. What's the best team in Cbus these days? Doesn't seem to be much around there whereas the Dayton area always sends a couple of players to Michigan St, OSU, etc. Cheers.

All Ohio Red is by far the best team in Columbus and probably the entire state. They won the 16u Peach Jam last year and will be serious contenders for the 17u Peach Jam this year. City Rocks played them on Sat and got beat by 8 or 9. They are really well coached and play as a team. Dane Goodwin, is an OSU commit and is probably their best player, although they don’t wow you with athletic ability they play as a team which is not the norm on AAU circuits. The Ohio Basketball Club, out of Cleveland play on the Adidas circuit and have SU target Robby Carmody. He will be a tough get for SU as I understand he is a lean to some of the high academics, Stanford, Notre Dame, Northwestern etc.

All Ohio Red is by far the best team in Columbus and probably the entire state. They won the 16u Peach Jam last year and will be serious contenders for the 17u Peach Jam this year. City Rocks played them on Sat and got beat by 8 or 9. They are really well coached and play as a team. Dane Goodwin, is an OSU commit and is probably their best player, although they don’t wow you with athletic ability they play as a team which is not the norm on AAU circuits. The Ohio Basketball Club, out of Cleveland play on the Adidas circuit and have SU target Robby Carmody. He will be a tough get for SU as I understand he is a lean to some of the high academics, Stanford, Notre Dame, Northwestern etc.

Cool. Thanks. What's the best H.S. team in Columbus these days? I remember back in the days when Edelin and Melo were in H.S. that high flyer who went to Kansas, Kenny Gregory, was from Columbus. Maybe Independence which is hood I think.

Last edited:
Pickerington Central advanced to the state semi-finals at OSU, I did see Goodwin’s team, Upper Arlington, a couple of times. Westerville South had another OSU commits Kaleb Wesson who will be a good Big 10 player. St. Charles has a great season as well. Sure I missed some but don’t get a chance to see many of the smaller schools play.

Some people in Rochester believe that he's going to Georgetown. I hope that's not the case because I think he could be a good backup plan for Tucker or even with him. I would rather him then the ECU transfer

Some people in Rochester believe that he's going to Georgetown. I hope that's not the case because I think he could be a good backup plan for Tucker or even with him. I would rather him then the ECU transfer

Apparently there is a better back up plan in play. Sid Viscious.

I'm not particularly high on either of these guys but I agree with you that I'd rather have Nahz than Hughes.

It saddens me that we are in the position to have to even consider Nahz or Hughes as a backup for Tucker.

Grad Transfer should be the last option. We aren't going to be elite with one to begin with so why don't we sign a prospect that can be great for us in a few years? I'm of the opinion that Wright has higher upside than Tucker, but Tucker fills the more immediate need of shooting this year. I hope we sign either one of them or Carter before a 5th year.
Don't write off or sell short Next year yet