Class of 2018 - SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH) | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure what tourney these few highlights were from but it was just posted a few days ago...shows off his midrange game!

Gotta love the other coach after the play starting at the 23 second mark. He just looks at the other bench, and throws his hands up. Basically saying, 'welp, can't do anything to stop this guy.'

Gotta love the other coach after the play starting at the 23 second mark. He just looks at the other bench, and throws his hands up. Basically saying, 'welp, can't do anything to stop this guy.'

I think it was right after the lob play. They lob it into the teeth of the defense right at the rim. Darius is goes up and gets it then he comes down and goes up again for the dunk but none of the defenders do anything on his second leap.

I think it was right after the lob play. They lob it into the teeth of the defense right at the rim. Darius is goes up and gets it then he comes down and goes up again for the dunk but none of the defenders do anything on his second leap.
I'm sorry, but I watch this kid and think of DC. I know it's way too early. But I can't help it with the lefty stroke, sweet release, the arc, the rotation ... and even better range. When he went over the rim and blocked that ball near the top of the square ... I was like, holy crap .. it's 1987 again (regional final against JR Reid and UNC).

Obviously, while EYBL's nice, we have yet to see him try to score against ACC level players. We also don't know how well he'll be able to defend at the D-1 level, or how quickly he'll be able to adjust to playing on the wing of the zone.

But I have a sneaking feeling he's going to be VEEEERY good, and right off the bat.

Last edited:
Reminds me so much of CJ Fair with this move.
Nothing against CJ, but I never saw this level of skill in his entire 4 year career. I can never recall a jumper off of a spin move.

This kid is Melo part II

SU hyped freshman forward scale of performance:

Melo - 1
Coleman - 2(basically same level as Owens)
Owens - 3(Basically same level as Coleman)
Wallace - 4
Greene - 5
McCullough - 6

I'm thinking 3 or better out of Bazley.

Last edited:
5 & 6 don't even belong on that list.

They were definitely stud recruits coming in so they've gotta be mentioned. They did what they did year one. Bazley looks more well rounded and less raw than both of them, but with the same physical attributes that got them so much hype.

They were definitely stud recruits coming in so they've gotta be mentioned. They did what they did year one. Bazley looks more well rounded and less raw than both of them, but with the same physical attributes that got them so much hype.
If you're talking about hype and potential coming into the program, fine. But you said "performance". Neither's performance during their short tenures deserves mention with the other 4 on your list.

If you're talking about hype and potential coming into the program, fine. But you said "performance". Neither's performance during their short tenures deserves mention with the other 4 on your list.

I mentioned them for the hype and potential coming in as stud forward recruits, and then I ranked them by performance. Melo was a 1 as he was clearly the best performer, and I'd say McCullough was the 6th performer even before the injury.

Back to my original point, I think Bazley's going to be up there with the better performers out of our stud freshman forward recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom