Class of 2018 - SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH) | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. He's playing against smurfs. Princeton does not really have much of a schedule at all. One some of these dunks down the lane, these kids don't even bother getting in his way. Hopefully he will get to campus nice and early.

Players get better by being challenged. There was a report earlier in the season about Battle crediting his play this year, at least in part, to the challenge Hughes gives him in practice. Bazley is an immensely talented player who will be just fine, but I wonder how much better prepared he could be if he was challenged more this season.

Wasn't he one of the best players on the AAU circuit this summer, against the best of the best? I know where you guys are coming from and all, but I think a lot of the reason as to why he got this far today is that he did indeed prove himself against the big boys. Either way, I hear ya about the HS season.

Wasn't he one of the best players on the AAU circuit this summer, against the best of the best? I know where you guys are coming from and all, but I think a lot of the reason as to why he got this far today is that he did indeed prove himself against the big boys. Either way, I hear ya about the HS season.

He's not questioning his credentials or talent, just justifiably wondering if he'd have been better off prepping instead of staying at Princeton. He has nothing to prove but could always improve.

Mention in Twitter Tuesday from Rovals (scroll down a little in link) -

Kind of odd he says he has ideal size for the zone after saying he doesn't have elite length.

Took my two sons to see Bazley play tonight. As would be expected from a player that leads his league in points, rebounds, assists and blocks...the kid can do it all. The only bad news is that those hoping him to develop into the next DC will be very disappointed. The kid is a guard. A 6'9" guard that can drive to the hoop and shoot the 3. One drive tonight he started from the top of the key, broke a 5'9" kid's ankles with a cross over, 360 through the lane and converted with a soft right handed shot off the glass (he's left handed by the way). He will easily be able to play either forward spot with his height but posting up will not likely be a large part of his game for several years.
Tonight despite shooting 9-20 all of us agreed he was very unselfish and Princeton might be better off if he wasn't. He's obviously the team leader and tries to get everyone else involved. When Princeton is pressured Bazley brought the ball up and handles well even with smaller players guarding him. As impressed as we were we all agreed he probably didn't have his best game, even so he went for 22 and 15 with 5 blocks. As far as player comparisons are concerned I would go with Tayshaun Prince. My sons both say Anthony Davis but I think AD had more of an inside game even as a freshman when he was so skinny. Looking forward to seeing Darius in Orange.

Took my two sons to see Bazley play tonight. As would be expected from a player that leads his league in points, rebounds, assists and blocks...the kid can do it all. The only bad news is that those hoping him to develop into the next DC will be very disappointed. The kid is a guard. A 6'9" guard that can drive to the hoop and shoot the 3. One drive tonight he started from the top of the key, broke a 5'9" kid's ankles with a cross over, 360 through the lane and converted with a soft right handed shot off the glass (he's left handed by the way). He will easily be able to play either forward spot with his height but posting up will not likely be a large part of his game for several years.
Tonight despite shooting 9-20 all of us agreed he was very unselfish and Princeton might be better off if he wasn't. He's obviously the team leader and tries to get everyone else involved. When Princeton is pressured Bazley brought the ball up and handles well even with smaller players guarding him. As impressed as we were we all agreed he probably didn't have his best game, even so he went for 22 and 15 with 5 blocks. As far as player comparisons are concerned I would go with Tayshaun Prince. My sons both say Anthony Davis but I think AD had more of an inside game even as a freshman when he was so skinny. Looking forward to seeing Darius in Orange.

Did he look 6'9". I've heard that he's not that tall.

I'd say he's 6'9". My son who was with me is 6'7" and he was easily a couple inches taller than my son. Too bad my son couldn't loan him some of his 250lbs!

That's good. He looks 6'9" to me. Appreciate the report too!

Gotta be a lock right?

I would think so but who knows? I think the final roster is what 24? (Someone correct me if that's wrong) and I can't see him not making a list of the top 24 guys in his class...that would be crazy. JC I'm not sure about, he might be more of a long shot. Anyone know the criteria or how they go about picking the final roster?

Anyone know the criteria or how they go about picking the final roster?
A while back, I found their advanced algorithm, which seems fairly legit:
  1. Kentucky commit? If answer is no, skip to question 2. If yes, sign him up!
  2. Duke commit? If answer is no, skip to question 3. If yes, sign him up!
  3. Kansas commit? If answer is no, skip to question 4. If yes, sign him up!
  4. Is he the best player at that position? If yes, skip back to question 1. :)
Also, about country of origin.
Syracuse and Canadian? Doesn't count. Use NCAA advanced wheelhouse logic. Just slap a POST or NR on there.
Syracuse and Slovakian? Doesn't count. Use NCAA advanced wheelhouse logic. Just slap a POST or NR on there.
Kansas and Canadian? Sign him up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors