Class of 2018 - SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH) | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the video of the incident leading to a 2-game suspension for Bazley and another teammate who left the bench. Ridiculous.

This is the video of the incident leading to a 2-game suspension for Bazley and another teammate who left the bench. Ridiculous.

reminds me of that amare stoudemire suspension a few years back in the conference finals, was a complete joke as this appears to be

I have been saying this. We need to fill out '18, survive with a good season, and then we are back in business
It’s great to look back at this. We definitely survived to an extent but for what we had, it’s been a great season. That was before the tournament run thus far. This is all icing and it’s beautiful icing!

I'm guessing there's no practice involved in this one. LGO!
IMG_1480.GIF

Wow. Kid really has an effortless handle.

He's going to be incredible. Our offense will be so diversified with this matchup nightmare, who can create for himself and others.

Prediction: By mid December 2018, most of the "JB's ISO offense sucks because there is no ball movement" crowd will be posting about how much JB has tweaked the offense; how effective it is; where was this last year?

Prediction: By mid December 2018, most of the "JB's ISO offense sucks because there is no ball movement" crowd will be posting about how much JB has tweaked the offense; how effective it is; where was this last year?

Yup. Our zone offense against Duke went from looking good to being dead in the water just with one substitution due to foul trouble.

Your offense can only do what the talent on the floor allows it to do.

Bazley gives us a 6’9 guy who can post up, drive, score in the mid range, pass, start the break, and maybe even knock down the outside shot...we’ll be able to do a heck of a lot more just by adding a talent like that. Throw in the addition of Carey and Hughes and assumed improvements from Brissett and Dolezaj...we should be good offensively.

You know what the difference between a good offensive set and a bad one is 85% of the time? An athlete making a play, a player making a shot.

I

Yup. Our zone offense against Duke went from looking good to being dead in the water just with one substitution due to foul trouble.

Your offense can only do what the talent on the floor allows it to do.

Bazley gives us a 6’9 guy who can post up, drive, score in the mid range, pass, start the break, and maybe even knock down the outside shot...we’ll be able to do a heck of a lot more just by adding a talent like that. Throw in the addition of Carey and Hughes and assumed improvements from Brissett and Dolezaj...we should be good offensively.

No doubt, we will look life a much different team on offense next year. Having a guy like Baze on the floor - who is at his best with the ball in his hands - paired with OB at the other forward spot will give us 2 guys with length and NBA-like talent at getting to the rim. OB could not finish, but his first step and his ability to draw fouls is elite and way under appreciated.

These 2 guys alone will create matchup problems for all but a few of the teams on the schedule. Adding Carey, Hughes and Buddy's skill sets to what Frank and MD bring to the offense, will give us 4 or 5 guys on the court at the same time who that can score and take advantage of what the D will be forced to do to account for Baze and OB.

The only thing missing will be a post up scoring threat...

You know what the difference between a good offensive set and a bad one is 85% of the time? An athlete making a play, a player making a shot.

I

Yup! Part of the reason JB is in the HOF is because of finding ways of putting guys in position to score, even when playing 3 0n 5. On most nights next season, he will have 4/5 athletes on the floor that can make plays/make shots.

No doubt, we will look life a much different team on offense next year. Having a guy like Baze on the floor - who is at his best with the ball in his hands - paired with OB at the other forward spot will give us 2 guys with length and NBA-like talent at getting to the rim. OB could not finish, but his first step and his ability to draw fouls is elite and way under appreciated.

These 2 guys alone will create matchup problems for all but a few of the teams on the schedule. Adding Carey, Hughes and Buddy's skill sets to what Frank and MD bring to the offense, will give us 4 or 5 guys on the court at the same time who that can score and take advantage of what the D will be forced to do to account for Baze and OB.

The only thing missing will be a post up scoring threat...

I know it’s high school but Bazley looks pretty comfortable posting up. Obviously he’ll be going against bigger and stronger players at the next level, but he clearly knows how to post up and is comfortable doing it which is different from a lot of the tall, lanky guys with perimeter skills coming into college in the last decade who look like they’ve never played on the block with their back to the basket in their lives.

I do think Sidibe has some potential as a low post scorer. Not something I’m counting on to be a major part of the offense his soph. year but there’s something there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom