Class of 2018 - SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

I know he transfer to Texas A&M. I haven't heard anything about the other stuff.
I remember Tony well. He was a kid who I always thought should have been given an opportunity to earn a larger role. Typical example of a boeheimed kid. He seemed to have the size and the smoothness on his shot.

Towards the end of his last season, he finally got some post season opportunities due to injury. He showed well in the BET, but unfortunately, he was pretty mediocre in his first two NCAA games and stank up the place in our loss to Minnesota that eliminated us from the dance.

It seemed to be a situation where he wasn't receiving enough developmental minutes to really be ready when his chance finally came.

Not sure why he transferred as a probably would have been a starter or worst case a sixth man as a junior.

Not sure about the other stuff, but that might explain why he did not fulfill what i thought was his talent level and maybe due to that stuff his transfer was forced.

Right on and I know Tony pretty well. See him almost every day these days. He has his own construction business, AAU team and volunteers at his old HS in Rochester.
I met Tony a number of years ago when he was working for some city program that did out reach to youth. He was speaking at a junior high school and I met him in the main office when he first arrived. I introduced myself as a big SU fan. Had a brief conversation with him, he seemed like a very pleasant and mature young man. I told him I followed his career from high school and I mentioned the game I attended at McQuaid where he played for East High against Greg Woodard. Boeheim and Fine were sitting right in front of me. Bernie was friendly to talk with, Boeheim not su much.

Anyway, I digress. I asked Tony about his transfer from Syracuse and how disappointed SU fans were. He said that it was "the biggest mistake I ever made". Got the impression he was listening to the wrong people...

I met Tony a number of years ago when he was working for some city program that did out reach to youth. He was speaking at a junior high school and I met him in the main office when he first arrived. I introduced myself as a big SU fan. Had a brief conversation with him, he seemed like a very pleasant and mature young man. I told him I followed his career from high school and I mentioned the game I attended at McQuaid where he played for East High against Greg Woodard. Boeheim and Fine were sitting right in front of me. Bernie was friendly to talk with, Boeheim not su much.

Anyway, I digress. I asked Tony about his transfer from Syracuse and how disappointed SU fans were. He said that it was "the biggest mistake I ever made". Got the impression he was listening to the wrong people...
Hate to hijack this Braswell thread. I just want to make sure people know that Tony was young and regrets the decision he made. I have great talks with him about SU hoops and alum's. He was negatively influenced and made a bad decision. He loves SU. Like I said, he played over seas for 7 years, has his own skill development program, his own business and he is also a minister. He represents Rochester community very well.

Hate to hijack this Braswell thread. I just want to make sure people know that Tony was young and regrets the decision he made. I have great talks with him about SU hoops and alum's. He was negatively influenced and made a bad decision. He loves SU. Like I said, he played over seas for 7 years, has his own skill development program, his own business and he is also a minister. He represents Rochester community very well.

The GOD Tony Scott.

That is really nice to hear and thanks for sharing that. Let him know that SU fans haven't forgotten his time spent at Syracuse.

He Has a awkward sling shot release! But as long as it goes in we’re good.

Anthony Harris had similar regrets about leaving SU.

Yes I remember he rebelled when JB told him he was carrying too much weight to become the elite guard he thought he could be. He left for Hawaii and said that maturity made him realize that JB was only being totally honest with him. He said looking back his weight did impact his conditioning, speed, effectiveness and career.

Right on and I know Tony pretty well. See him almost every day these days. He has his own construction business, AAU team and volunteers at his old HS in Rochester.

Nice to hear that. I was in a communications class with Tony, he was in a group with me and some others. Seemed like a nice kid, but he didn’t stick around long, I think he dropped the class about 4 weeks in.

That’s awesome. Kids make mistakes and seamed like he learned from it.

The 8th is a weird day. Not even a weekend.

He's a high school senior, late in his senior year. May have lots going on back home e.g. proms, exams, senior class functions etc. that he is working around, plus weekend v. weeknight may not mean too much on the SU end at this point aren't the SU kids headed home by now?

The key will be your second bullet -- can he contribute this year?

Because I agree with all of the rest.

At a minimum he is an athletic practice player who can give emergency HW type minutes, but at forward. Better case scenario he is able to give us a solid 10-20 minutes in a true forward rotation. Either way we can use him and don't have alternate uses for the scholarship so getting him would be a good thing.

I know Jake might of alluded to this but this guy can really shoot it seems. Is he a Preston Shumpert type?

I know Jake might of alluded to this but this guy can really shoot it seems. Is he a Preston Shumpert type?
He looks like a good catch and shoot player, with shot blocking ability at the defensive end. Curious, has anyone seen any tape of his ball handling and passing skills? One report had him playing guard as a 6'6" junior. That would imply, even at 6'9", he does have some of those skills,