Class of 2018 - SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Junior and senior year Southerland.

He had to be a freshman and sophomore before he was a junior and senior. I don’t think anyone believes Braswell is a finished product and would provide Southerland junior/senior production this year as a freshman.

He had to be a freshman and sophomore before he was a junior and senior. I don’t think anyone believes Braswell is a finished product and would provide Southerland junior/senior production this year as a freshman.
That’s not what I said. Ill take a jr and sr yr southerland.

I believe he is visiting today.

Here's hoping we hear some good news quickly.

Would like to lock up Braswell / Osunniyi this week, so that our coaches can begin focusing all of their efforts on the classes of 2019 / 2020.

Love the athleticism of both of those players. Clearly, these are both long term plays, but I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them as 2+ year starters. They're both good athletes, and they both have intriguing potential despite the ratings.

I just appreciate the staff trying to land someone(s) so late in the game. I don't think anyone would be suprised if JB was like "hell with it, we'll just roll with what we got"

A good time is being had by all.

How are players skills evaluated on a visit? I don't know the rules on this but it would seem pretty important, especially in a situation like this where the prospect has very little film or AAU experience.

How are players skills evaluated on a visit? I don't know the rules on this but it would seem pretty important, especially in a situation like this where the prospect has very little film or AAU experience.

Players often end up playing some pick-up ball with the current members of the team [although coaches cannot attend, otherwise this would be viewed as a "work out"].

Last year, Marek did this and the coaching staff was impressed with his shooting, and his chemistry with the other players -- just for comparison -- and the coaches decided that they wanted him, based upon that impression. Not suggesting that he wouldn't have gotten an offer without that first impression, but it did work in his favor.

To be honest, I think that 99.9% of the time, the skill assessment is done prior to the visit, and that the coaches would already have a much stronger handle on prospect capabilities than the fanbase would.

I'm expecting both kids to sign before the ribs arrive at the table at DinoBBQ
deal-with-the-devil-3.jpg

What RF said

Players often end up playing some pick-up ball with the current members of the team [although coaches cannot attend, otherwise this would be viewed as a "work out"].

Last year, Marek did this and the coaching staff was impressed with his shooting, and his chemistry with the other players -- just for comparison -- and the coaches decided that they wanted him, based upon that impression. Not suggesting that he wouldn't have gotten an offer without that first impression, but it did work in his favor.

To be honest, I think that 99.9% of the time, the skill assessment is done prior to the visit, and that the coaches would already have a much stronger handle on prospect capabilities than the fanbase would.
You know that coaches are watching from somewhere.