Class of 2019 - SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis

Hey Vince, missed this post, and was glad to hear cuse was back to visit Precious last week as well. I know this isn't the thread for him, but any more chance of a visit to campus by Lester and Precious in the next few months?

Hey Vince, missed this post, and was glad to hear cuse was back to visit Precious last week as well. I know this isn't the thread for him, but any more chance of a visit to campus by Lester and Precious in the next few months?

I don't know. Lester doesn't have an offer, so that would come before any visit. They're really into the teeth of their season now. Precious is in no rush; not sure what Lester's timetable is or how heavily we will get involved. We are just talking to him and keeping tabs at this point but that might change soon.

Double-double including 19 points, 4 assists, 4 blocks, 3 steals in a win against powerhouse Hudson Catholic. Precious again played quite a bit of point guard.

So Roy Williams can make it to NJ but JB sends GMAC. Same story different year...

This kid’s recruitment is wide open too. JB needs to pull out all the stops. Sadly, we know the score on that.

This kid’s recruitment is wide open too. JB needs to pull out all the stops. Sadly, we know the score on that.

I’m starting to think it is our offensive system and philosophies potentially steering away great and skilled players and not the zone. Hope I’m wrong.

Let’s face it we got lucky with Bazely since we usually don’t recruit his turf and weren’t really on him hard ever if I’m remembering it right.

It is? You haven’t noticed our class for next year?

He’s just referring to JB not doing a lot of recruiting himself on the road. He’s done more of it lately but still not as much as other head coaches.

He’s just referring to JB not doing a lot of recruiting himself on the road. He’s done more of it lately but still not as much as other head coaches.
It is? You haven’t noticed our class for next year?
Correct. Perhaps I’m wrong, although Francis has said the same for a few years, but it sure does seem that JB is out recruiting far less than his contemporaries. He lets his assistants do the work, and he tries to close if they get on campus. Besides Bazley, who we got courtesy of Mr. Griffin, (btw not sure JB ever went to Ohio to see him) the last kid I can remember him visiting is the kid transferring from Duke. At that point we were desperate too. My real frustration is that this is top ten recruit who is 4 hours away, and we have already decided to offer him. He should be up there a ton to try and win him over now, before UNC, Duke, UK.

I don’t know maybe I’m just frustrated because the last few years have been tough. So tired of being a mid tier ACC bubble team.

Correct. Perhaps I’m wrong, although Francis has said the same for a few years, but it sure does seem that JB is out recruiting far less than his contemporaries. He lets his assistants do the work, and he tries to close if they get on campus. Besides Bazley, who we got courtesy of Mr. Griffin, (btw not sure JB ever went to Ohio to see him) the last kid I can remember him visiting is the kid transferring from Duke. At that point we were desperate too. My real frustration is that this is top ten recruit who is 4 hours away, and we have already decided to offer him. He should be up there a ton to try and win him over now, before UNC, Duke, UK.

I don’t know maybe I’m just frustrated because the last few years have been tough. So tired of being a mid tier ACC bubble team.
I agree with you. No need to lose a super talent like that in our own back yard reason being that our head coach should be pounding the court on these top tier recruits but no rather send one of his assist.

I agree with you. No need to lose a super talent like that in our own back yard reason being that our head coach should be pounding the court on these top tier recruits but no rather send one of his assist.
I mean we did this for years with Hop. I don’t necessarily love it but it’s been the MO since Melo time at least. Has JB been to see Whitney?

I'm a Jimmy fan, but don't tell me he is doing everything he can if he ain't out there himself. I know this is his mo, but doesn't mean it's right. We need his full participation in recruiting to stay with top schools. Come on Jimmy let's go.

Do we have any real shot here? Or is he going to end up at Kentucky/Duke in the end?

I think this has definitely improved this year over the previous 2-3 years though. I'm kind of hoping that once he has no kids in the house he hits the road more but that is probably wishful thinking. Hopefully we have a really good year next year and make a deep run in the tourney and have a strong regular season. I think that will help us with top kids especially if OB improves and is a top draft pick and Bazely kills it and gets drafted high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom