Class of 2019 - SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis

Yep. Should they change the rule this summer about early entries, this kid is NBA bound.
Which I'm perfectly OK with. The top 10-15 and a few others will declare for the draft and most will go. The ones that don't will end up at Duke, UK, and 'Zona (provided they aren't under sanctions) along with a few of the best from the top 15-30. If they make it so that kids have to stay in school 2-3 years, then Duke and UK can't load up on the top talent every year. They won't have room with just 13 scholarships. And, a lot of the kids who aren't top-20 don't have the skills to make a real impact as a frosh. I think the distribution of talent will be a little more even and teams will be more a little more cohesive. It'll be a great move for college basketball.

Which I'm perfectly OK with. The top 10-15 and a few others will declare for the draft and most will go. The ones that don't will end up at Duke, UK, and 'Zona (provided they aren't under sanctions) along with a few of the best from the top 15-30. If they make it so that kids have to stay in school 2-3 years, then Duke and UK can't load up on the top talent every year. They won't have room with just 13 scholarships. And, a lot of the kids who aren't top-20 don't have the skills to make a real impact as a frosh. I think the distribution of talent will be a little more even and teams will be more a little more cohesive. It'll be a great move for college basketball.
I agree on all your pts.
BTW: Seriously how can AZ avoid sanctions? It seems like they might, as I have heard very little since the FBI story broke. Tonight when we are watching our 6 man team try to win a game, and still in the midst of our penalties, I continue to be furious at the BS/unfair system that we operate under. Is Quinerly really gonna find his way onto a P5 roster next year? Kid literally took money and the FBI has proof. Ugh, just mad. Rant over. Apologies.

Not really a move being made by college basketball. College ball will benefit from the move that should be made by the NBA. This is/will always be the NBA's decision.

I take back all the horrible things I said to you. ;)

The video from early today reminds of J. Grant, but with a better outside shot (I know earlier in this thread looked a little like W. Johnson, but that has changed :) ). This kid would be a nice fit in our system.

Andrew Slater just had a Crystal Ball pick for Achiuwa to UConn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom