Class of 2019 - SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis

il_340x270.818185573_gz5c.jpg

Penny penny dolla dolla!! ;)

Not sure how long KU, UK, UNC and Duke will put up with this.

You think one of those programs is going to make a offer Penny can’t refuse?

That’s what it took the last time Memphis was killing it on the trail.

il_340x270.818185573_gz5c.jpg

Penny penny dolla dolla!! ;)
Memphis has always had deep pocketed boosters to grease the wheels. But Tubby didn’t play that game. I think Pastner did but couldn’t capitalize. Cal is the master of it. Penny is following in his footsteps.

I love Memphis getting all these guys. Shady or not.
Really? You like blatant cheating? Hell to the no. It’s bad enough blue bloods like UK and Kansas do it. You want others in on that shadiness now? It’ll just push programs like Syracuse farther down. It’s obviously one reason Beilein left college basketball.

Really? You like blatant cheating? Hell to the no. It’s bad enough blue bloods like UK and Kansas do it. You want others in on that shadiness now? It’ll just push programs like Syracuse farther down. It’s obviously one reason Beilein left college basketball.

After the recent FBI trial and seemingly no consequences for anyone why wouldn't teams start going out and buying guys? Let Penny spend all that FedEx money he can. Spread the talent wealth around.

Also, excessive or not, we can't play the choir boy card after being put on serious sanctions twice in 25 years under the same head coach who is still leading our program.

Yes to all of the above. At least the best players aren’t going to four programs.

If no one is going to do anything about it...who cares. I dont agree with it by any means...but the NCAA has clearly set the precedent that they just really dont plan to do anything about it.

CoAch K CaN ChEAt, BuT nO I doNT waNt PenNY drOPping bags. He DoEsnt CoAch a BLue BloOd. I CaNT LoOk tHe otheR WaY.

I honestly don’t know what this means. Especially since I already said upstream I don’t care if he cheats.
I am saying that the big 4 will make sure the NCAA shuts it down

Eh. They didn’t from 2000-9 when Calipari was there.

Yeah they did. Derrick Rose's ascension led to the NCAA looking into his SAT of which they found that he didn't take it in Chicago but Detroit. It caused the season to be vacated.

Yeah they did. Derrick Rose's ascension led to the NCAA looking into his SAT of which they found that he didn't take it in Chicago but Detroit. It caused the season to be vacated.

Oh sht a vacated season.

Oh sht a vacated season.
Yeah, it’s almost like Mario Chalmers, Marcus Camby, and Reggie Bush never happened! Those championship games were a figment of everyone’s imagination, I tell ‘ya! :(:rolleyes::confused:

Yeah, it’s almost like Mario Chalmers, Marcus Camby, and Reggie Bush never happened! Those championship games were a figment of everyone’s imagination, I tell ‘ya! :(:rolleyes::confused:

We saw it happen, but he wasnt eligible to play. His SAT was fixed. The school was punished.

We saw it happen, but he wasnt eligible to play. His SAT was fixed. The school was punished.
And...???
A lot of schools must be figuring a NC is worth a few sanctions, especially after seeing what went down at PSU, UNC, Auburn, et al.
The feds case against programs was supposed to be the enema for college sports, but so far it’s looking like another false alarm. So why NOT cheat? Serious question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom