Class of 2019 - SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis

Vince, any new insight on whether we have a chance here? Kid is an absolute stud. Worried about who else might come in and when. He would come to cuse and immediately and take over for Bazley.

His coach thinks he's a perfect fit for SU. He told me that a few times. As the article stated, he's in no rush to decide. That works against us, as he's going to continue to literally grow and get better this season. That will mean more competition. Gerry and SU have a great connection here with St. Benedict's. I expect we will be in it to the end but it's a tough get. Roster composition is key because this kid wants to play. That could help us somewhat actually. If he knows Baz is one and done, we can tell Precious he's his replacement, as you said.

Basically your post is spot on. But nothing new since the offer.

I asked about a visit. Nothing scheduled. He's really in no rush, so there might not be a visit until the late winter or spring.

This is a 2019 kid. No one knows where he is going. I know that for a fact from his coach. He's not planning to decide anytime soon and he's not eliminating any schools that have offered him at this point. SU is very much in the mix, despite what was said (and subsequently deleted) yesterday.

You can draw your own conclusions about the info in this thread and certain posts but please use comment sense. Thanks.

Dude, I am all for you having scoops, but you definitely deleted a post yesterday that said we don't really have a shot, and now are saying its cuse. Seems a little fishy to me.

yes correct, why not

yes correct, why not
Because a top 10, 2019 kid, didn't drastically make decisions yesterday that would yield a determination on our outlook for grabbing him. I have no idea if you have connections or don't. I hope you do, because I freaking love to learn them. But, it just seems like you are in the dark like the rest of us, which is totally fine. I trust Vince on this one, as he knows the coach personally. He says we won't hear for a while. Let's hope we get a visit soon. Other than that, I don't think anybody including JB knows what will happen here.

Here's my fear, that you changed your post, because it didn't generate any likes or discussion. I watched it for a few hours and was amazing no one questioned you.

Last edited:
This is a 2019 kid. No one knows where he is going. I know that for a fact from his coach. He's not planning to decide anytime soon and he's not eliminating any schools that have offered him at this point. SU is very much in the mix, despite what was said (and subsequently deleted) yesterday.

You can draw your own conclusions about the info in this thread and certain posts but please use comment sense. Thanks.
Did you mean to say comment sense or was it supposed to be common sense. I'm going to start using comment sense. I like it.

Because a top 10, 2019 kid, didn't drastically make decisions yesterday that would yield a determination on our outlook for grabbing him. I have no idea if you have connections or don't. I hope you do, because I freaking love to learn them. But, it just seems like you are in the dark like the rest of us, which is totally fine. I trust Vince on this one, as he knows the coach personally. He says we won't hear for a while. Let's hope we get a visit soon. Other than that, I don't think anybody including JB knows what will happen here.

Here's my fear, that you changed your post, because it didn't generate any likes or discussion. I watched it for a few hours and was amazing no one questioned you.
By fear do you mean reality you know to be true. Here is my guess maybe a top 10 kid for 2019 was just going to make a decision without taking any official visits. He had a dart board and a bunch of schools on a wall. He through the dart and hit us. At this point Su dreaming made his post. Then Precious thought you know what this is to important a decision to just decide with a dart. This is the point he reopened his recruitment and Su dreaming deleted his post.

Ha ha. It was such a great accident/ typo that I didn't want to correct it. "Comment sense" is so perfect for a message board.

yeah, we could definitely use a lot more 'comment sense' around here.

He is playing in the Sharette Dixon Classic on Sunday in the Bronx at 8 p.m. (along with many other Cuse recruits).

I've been told no visit to SU on the horizon as his school is concentrating on the start of his season but that could change. St Benedict's has a really loaded schedule as usual, another reason their guys are ready to play right away.

Word is his jumper has really improved. That's scary with his ability to slash, elevate and get to the rim.

Precious with 17 as unranked (for now) St. Benedict’s knocked off 5th ranked team in the country Huntington Prep Friday 64-55. His teammate Lester Quinones put up 38(!) on 8-16 3’s. LQ is a junior who transferred in.

Told Precious is doing a lot more than scoring.

Watching him on Facebook now. Floaters, dunks, 3's, running the show on occasion. It's almost unfair. He has 18 in the 3rd quarter against Hillcrest Prep. Oops, now he has 21. Drained a deep three with a hand in his face.

Playing like a top 5 guy. Yet another 3 as I type this. 24 points. He's drained three 3's since the other coach yelled, "give him that 3!!!"

Now he just blocked a shot against a big.

Good lord, Gerry. Get this guy. He's a wrecking crew.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom