Class of 2018 - SF Zion Williamson (SC) to Duke | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Zion Williamson (SC) to Duke

Clemson lost "mile-and-a-half lead" in Zion sweepstakes
Anderson said in the end it was nothing that Clemson head coach Brad Brownell and his staff did or didn’t do, but somewhere along the way the Tigers’ lead began to slip away, opening the door for Duke, South Carolina and North Carolina.

“They did everything right. It's nothing against the coaches. Nothing against them at all,” he said. “I told Clemson when they came in the other night, 'Somewhere along the way, you all had a mile and a half lead on the situation. I don't know what happened along the way but you all had a big distance.' The next thing I know I hear Zion saying South Carolina and North Carolina and Duke is inching closer. I was like, 'Woah.' I don't think it was anything they did that was wrong. They recruited him hard. They recruited him fair. They were selling Clemson and I thought they did a great job. I think it was a serious point for them to recruit they way did and they showed Zion they were serious about wanting his services.”

SHEESH that doesn’t sound fishy at all. Clemson has a huge lead then 3 Schools whom are just now in trouble, or duke who everyone knows is doing it dirty, come into play and that’s what happens? Sheeshhhhhh.

REVISED

Clemson lost "mile-and-a-half lead" in Zion sweepstakes
Anderson said in the end it was nothing that Clemson head coach Brad Brownell and his staff did or didn’t do ($$$), but somewhere along the way the Tigers’ lead began to slip away ($$$), opening the door for Duke ($$$$), South Carolina ($$$) and North Carolina.($$$)

“They did everything right. It's nothing against the coaches. Nothing against them at all,” he said. “I told Clemson when they came in the other night, 'Somewhere along the way, you all had a mile and a half lead on the situation. I don't know what happened along the way ($$$) but you all had a big distance.' The next thing I know I hear Zion saying South Carolina ($$$) and North Carolina ($$$) and Duke ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$) is inching closer. I was like, 'Woah.' I don't think it was anything they did that was wrong ($$$). They recruited him hard. They recruited him fair. They were selling Clemson and I thought they did a great job. I think it was a serious point for them to recruit they way did and they showed Zion they were serious about wanting his services.”

Watching them not win with the top talent in the country makes me happy! I hope this year and next year they do the same!

This really had to be a no brainer for him. He’s gonna be surrounded by shooters, and the floor will be so spread out that he’ll have so much room to just attack the basket. He won’t have to show off his mid 20’s percentage from three!

This really had to be a no brainer for him. He’s gonna be surrounded by shooters, and the floor will be so spread out that he’ll have so much room to just attack the basket. He won’t have to show off his mid 20’s percentage from three!
Zion was the most hyped high school player since Lebron.

He could've been Cleveland Lebron and picked South Carolina or Clemson, instead he became Miami Lebron and teamed up with some super friends.

It is what it is. I find it very disappointing but he's a good kid and comes off genuine. I, and most fanbases, are just sick of Duke and their fake mantras led by a coach who seems to be more sketchy than saintly acting very well like he knows he's untouchable.

Every Syracuse fan should see what he did with Tucker as some bull**** and read stories like the one posted above about how Duke made up "a mile and half" of ground in a week to get his commitment when they already have two other Top 3 forwards signed as some serious smoke to the fire.

Zion was the most hyped high school player since Lebron.

He could've been Cleveland Lebron and picked South Carolina or Clemson, instead he became Miami Lebron and teamed up with some super friends.

It is what it is. I find it very disappointing but he's a good kid and comes off genuine. I, and most fanbases, are just sick of Duke and their fake mantras led by a coach who seems to be more sketchy than saintly acting very well like he knows he's untouchable.

Every Syracuse fan should see what he did with Tucker as some bull**** and read stories like the one posted above about how Duke made up "a mile and half" of ground in a week to get his commitment when they already have two other Top 3 forwards signed as some serious smoke to the fire.
Yeah. I feel like there is some extra “stuff” going on. But I am a believer of innocent until proven guilty. It’s tough to imagine how unheard of the last couple years have been in terms of recruitment for them. Whether it’s clean or not, I am still developing a strong hatred for them. They are getting close to Georgetown level of hate for me!

Duke is in a position where they HAVE TO get these players every year. They will lose 5 players (counting Tucker and Allen), at minimum, this season. If they don't reload with the one and dones, they immediately become just another ACC program that year.

It will be interesting once the NBA allows the best players to bolt from HS.

UNC somehow gets solid talent that stays in school. Oh yeah, they get free grades and pay checks. :rolleyes: Duke only pays salaries for one year. Bonuses for a Four Four.

Duke is in a position where they HAVE TO get these players every year. They will lose 5 players (counting Tucker and Allen), at minimum, this season. If they don't reload with the one and dones, they immediately become just another ACC program that year.

It will be interesting once the NBA allows the best players to bolt from HS.

UNC somehow gets solid talent that stays in school. Oh yeah, they get free grades and pay checks. :rolleyes: Duke only pays salaries for one year. Bonuses for a Four Four.
Great point on Duke - See Kentucky. That fan base is slowly starting to turn on Cal. It's very hard to sustain a one and done model because you have to hit on those recruits every year. Kentucky hasn't been hitting lately and this year, they are downright mediocre.

Then, if you don't hit, you have a bunch of one and dones who now have to stay for year 2 and your entire recruiting pitch of playing time and bring your friends etc goes out the window.

I was kind of surprised to see that Coach K is now accused of being dirty on here. Of course one has to wonder how he does it, but again I dont recall this board considering him dirty. Like Funk Doc said, innocent or not, the level of dislike has surpassed Georgetown or probably any team currently. I'd much rather had Kentucky or even Clemson get him. Duke looks like theyre going to be everybody's Super Bowl next season.

Being K and JB are supposed to be such good buddies, do you think K would share his secret with his good pal?

Hasn't signed his LOI with Duke and their entire team just went Pro. I get that Duke is Duke but next year is going to be veeery lean for them.
Hell of a replacement for Bazley...
Plugs in nice to an open slot and we've got room...

Verbal Commits - Duke
Verbal Commits - Syracuse

2E9A5901-6A80-4353-8D10-839037551A2E.gif
Hasn't signed his LOI with Duke and their entire team just went Pro. I get that Duke is Duke but next year is going to be veeery lean for them.

Verbal Commits - Duke

This is the year to have a H&H with them. Not worried about that team whatsoever. We could beat them up inside

Verbal Commits - Duke
Did you mean Bagley???? They have plenty of more ammo coming besides Z.

Verbal Commits - Duke
Don’t care how many people they just lost. No team with Barrett and Reddish...plus Tre Jones is all that lean. You only need some warm bodies around those guys.

Don’t care how many people they just lost. No team with Barrett and Reddish...plus Tre Jones is all that lean. You only need some warm bodies around those guys.
we'll see :)

They’ve underachieved with one and dones.

I don’t know about underacheived. Maybe. They have had super solid seasons but it is getting more and more clear now that Final 4s and winning titles means that you need more experience and upperclassmen. They don’t really roll like that anymore. It’s not like they are bubblelicious or anything.

Yeah. I feel like there is some extra “stuff” going on. But I am a believer of innocent until proven guilty. It’s tough to imagine how unheard of the last couple years have been in terms of recruitment for them. Whether it’s clean or not, I am still developing a strong hatred for them. They are getting close to Georgetown level of hate for me!
If you can find the Times-Picayune article on Chris Duhon's recruitment, you will have proof Duke is dirty.

I don’t know about underacheived. Maybe. They have had super solid seasons but it is getting more and more clear now that Final 4s and winning titles means that you need more experience and upperclassmen. They don’t really roll like that anymore. It’s not like they are bubblelicious or anything.

Have not won ACC regular season once and are projected to finish first each year.

Have not won ACC regular season once and are projected to finish first each year.

Who cares about projections? They have an ACC Tourney Championship in 2017. UVA and UNC have been pretty dominant lately as well. I don’t think anybody has been talking about or certainly I haven’t heard any buzz/traction regarding Duke underperforming in general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom