Class of 2017 - SG Brandon Randolph (PA) to Arizona | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Brandon Randolph (PA) to Arizona

I like Randolf because he is an elite shooter, big enough to play the 3 in our system and he aggressively attacks off the bounce. Whoever said he could play the Malachi role is 100% correct IMO. I actually think Randolf will be a better finisher around the rim than Malachi was. Either way this kid would be a great get and I don't think its a coincidence that since Green brought Bamba the weekend of the elite camp that Randolf another one of his AAU teammates suddenly takes an official to Cuse and has us in his final four teams with Wake being the only other team anywhere close to him geographically. Miller has done extremely well getting kids from all over to come to zona though.

I like Randolf because he is an elite shooter, big enough to play the 3 in our system and he aggressively attacks off the bounce. Whoever said he could play the Malachi role is 100% correct IMO. I actually think Randolf will be a better finisher around the rim than Malachi was. Either way this kid would be a great get and I don't think its a coincidence that since Green brought Bamba the weekend of the elite camp that Randolf another one of his AAU teammates suddenly takes an official to Cuse and has us in his final four teams with Wake being the only other team anywhere close to him geographically. Miller has done extremely well getting kids from all over to come to zona though.
I'm with you 100%. Just counting on whoever said he was very close to mom, to bounce AZ because it's too far away, and put us way out front.

he will go to Wake
Yikes. The darker side of O13...
O13, taking names, taking numbers, feelin the flow.
393639875-8388254.jpeg

I don't think JB or especially Q.Green (if he commits here) is done recruiting Mr. Randolph. Nothing at the moment is final.

Probably why JB is headed to see Brissett today.

I don't know about this. I wasn't under the impression Randolph and Brissett played the same position. To me, Randolph is a clear cut 2 (could play 3 if we needed) and Brissett is absolutely a 3, maybe a 4 if he puts on weight before college

I don't know about this. I wasn't under the impression Randolph and Brissett played the same position. To me, Randolph is a clear cut 2 (could play 3 if we needed) and Brissett is absolutely a 3, maybe a 4 if he puts on weight before college

Different skill sets for sure, but we need a few wings on board to replace that mass exodus after this year. Brissett is 6'7'' max so I don't really consider him a 4 even if his skills project as that. Shooting is going to be our biggest need with White and Lydon(likely) gone. We are going to be in a world of hurt if we can't get two of Tucker, Randolph or Lonnie to come here. Will be back on the transfer market again for sure if we have to start settling for plan C's etc...

Why would a player of his caliber go to Wake? Maybe he doesn't want to play in the tourney?
Danny Manning is a good coach and I am sure these kid's parents remember him. Show a kid a video of "Danny and the Miracles" and see if they aren't pumped and understand that this is a guy to listen to. He learned under Larry Brown and has always been a high basketball IQ guy. He will have them competitive in a few years. Orange colored glasses off, I can understand a kid deciding to go there, but I think SU is still a better program.

Danny Manning is a good coach and I am sure these kid's parents remember him. Show a kid a video of "Danny and the Miracles" and see if they aren't pumped and understand that this is a guy to listen to. He learned under Larry Brown and has always been a high basketball IQ guy. He will have them competitive in a few years. Orange colored glasses off, I can understand a kid deciding to go there, but I think SU is still a better program.
Manning's conference record is 7-29 at Wake. They have not put a player in the NBA at Wake in like 7 years. I believe Teague is the last guy correct me if I'm wrong. Randolph will find Danny and the Miracles cool? Maybe the same way a 6 year old finds tape decks cool. Oh that's cool dad (eye roll) moving on. I'm not saying there is no chance he goes there but I feel pretty confident it won't be because of a college team the played a decade before his birth. I would think showing him tape of Malachi Richardson and saying, "Look at this kid. He came here for 1 year and is in the NBA now as a 1st round pick" would get him way more excited.