Class of 2019 - SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Updated with quotes...gotta say I love this kid already because of the story behind one of the reasons for his commitment...was his gmas favorite school and she passed away...seems like cuse is a dream come true for him and his family and I like that! Also says his relationship with gmac was a huge reason for committing. Great job Gerry!

More like a call it like I see it kind of guy

I have to agree - and it is absolutely nothing against this kid - but you would think, almost by definition, that this means that we won't be getting at least 1 or 2 of K Battle, Lecque, or Guerrier.

A bird in the hand and all, and you definitely like it when kids know where they want to be, and decide early.
Him being a take now, means the staff is apparently OK on passing on at least 1 or more of those guys.

Or perhaps the tea leaves were reading that we weren't going to get one (or more) of them anyway?

I have to agree - and it is absolutely nothing against this kid - but you would think, almost by definition, that this means that we won't be getting at least 1 or 2 of K Battle, Lecque, or Guerrier.

A bird in the hand and all, and you definitely like it when kids know where they want to be, and decide early.
Him being a take now, means the staff is apparently OK on passing on at least 1 or more of those guys.

Or perhaps the tea leaves were reading that we weren't going to get one (or more) of them anyway?
Oh man. This is the kid we wanted first and foremost. He is at the top of our board. Those other good players, they are behind him.

Well, this is the kid we have wanted from jump street. That is a fact.

Good! Glad we are pulling in our targets! I don't know what your problem with me is. All I did was point out that the staff either feels like we are out on some of the guys I happened to be more familiar with or they like this kid more.

Staff doesnt throw out offers like a Crean or Ollie. So if their offering a kid this far out and are taking his commitment than we should be ecstatic. Ill be shocked if this kid isnt at least top 40 by the end of his hs career

That is also true. We are recruiting like we used to. This kid will blow up the rankings.
Great athlete. He's a scorer. His release is a little low, but it's quick.

Very creative in traffic..and should be an excellent finisher in college. Could see him co exist with Battle and Buddy.

This staff is doing very well getting kids.

Still need to get a pg.

Good! Glad we are pulling in our targets! I don't know what your problem with me is. All I did was point out that the staff either feels like we are out on some of the guys I happened to be more familiar with or they like this kid more.
maybe I'm reading you wrong but it seems like you thought this was a consolation price. Believe me, it wasn't. Those guys might be better players in the long run. Who knows? But this is the kid that we really wanted. I can assure you of that. Terrific shooter.

Oh man. This is the kid we wanted first and foremost. He is at the top of our board. Those other good players, they are behind him.

That's great! It's also something most of us wouldn't know.
Hopefully he's another early sleeper who blows up, like MCW.

Care to enlighten us as to who's next on our list of future Most Wanted Orange Hoopsters?

That's great! It's also something most of us wouldn't know.
Hopefully he's another early sleeper who blows up, like MCW.

Care to enlighten us as to who's next on our list of future Most Wanted Orange Hoopsters?
The name you already know. Carey. That is the guy we want. We will know soon. I like our chances but with kids, you never know. But, I do like our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.