Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

He also identified Westry and Cruz. (not to mention Carey, Goodine, Joseph etc.) I know they are young, but they haven't shown much so far.
Interesting but none of those were plan A, all were recruited after failing to get others he thought were better. Failing to land his most sought recruits was his big problem in later years.

Donkey Kong Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight

Haven’t heard anything about this, but thought he’d already had his chance. We’ll see

I like it...westry has too much upside to just sit on the sidelines when we already had a established relationship with him. Doesn't hurt to see if he's still got interest. I like the staff being more active then a body that's 6ft underground at the very least.

This staff is going to be involved with everyone

This is more layered. Some situations are more trouble than they're worth.

But if the coaching staff elects to get back involved, have to trust that they know what they're getting into.

Would rather have Moore given the choice between the two. If we can land both, that certainly reduces any potential risk with Westry.

I talked to him yesterday ... at length :) I wish I could say more on the forum but I can't - for now. But as soon as I can, trust me, you all will know first...but he's good!!!
Good to hear and glad you are still talking to him. I know we have other boosters/NIL guys who are a little bit more behind the scenes but AW was truly helping and would love to see him + Red in full action. I know he loves this program so I hope it all cones full circle

This staff is going to be involved with everyone

As they should. We need an influx of new talent. Things may have ended in a weird spot but Syracuse and Westry are both in a different position now. Westry may have been more of a headache than the previous boss wanted to handle and the new boss being the former lead recruiter for Westry might be more than willing to handle the perceived headache from before.

No harm in reaching out and exploring. Doesn't mean we are going to take him and doesn't mean he wants to come here. But recruiting is all about relationships and reaching out is respectful and a way to maintain relationships.

I talked to him yesterday ... at length :) I wish I could say more on the forum but I can't - for now. But as soon as I can, trust me, you all will know first...but he's good!!!
I would think if the request was to tone it down some this would be one of the places. I have appreciated all that you have shared. I also appreciate the ability to control some of the output at times. Both are sometimes needed.

Westry imo could be another MCW if he heals up well and puts the work in

Feels like this is something we would get heavily involved in if we thought Mintz was leaving. If he stays I don't see it happening with JJ in the fold.