Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

? Starling, Mintz, Moore, Taylor, Westry, Copeland?
Does Taylor stay? What about Bell? Really hope Copeland sticks around. Someone mentioned today that they wouldn't be suprised if we lose another player or 2 to the portal...I think there's still lots to figure out before we figure out what our roster will look like going forward. Lots of moving pieces.

I actually take that as good news. It indicates that they know they made a mistake the first time around, and they are gauging interest from what should have been their top choice.

Promising.
I think so too. If his camp is reaching out right away to see if we're still interested then ill take that as a positive.

? Starling, Mintz, Moore, Taylor, Westry, Copeland?
who cares? only the strong survive. it's a dog eat dog world. all's fair in love and war. Do I need any more cliches? Get the best guys possible in the portal and let the chips fall where they may (another cliche). Can’t worry about hurt feelings. The failure to hit the portal last year because we had 6 freshman coming in resulted in another lousy season. If guys don't like it, they can portal themselves. Use 14 scholarships on the best 14 you can find. Joe and Symir saw the handwriting on the wall and hit the road (more cliches).

Last edited:
If we bring in Moore, why Westry?
Even if we bring in Moore, it sounds like we're going to be using more of a three guard lineup moving forward. Which means that five backcourt players could get substantial minutes. Plus, moore would be gone, possibly mintz as well, maybe even starling, the following year. So load up.

One of our bench pieces in that position group (Copeland/JT) is leaving?

I’d rather have both of them back but if one is already gone then sure.

Yeah, we can't have 4 alpha guards. Can Westry shoot the 3? I'm pretty sure Moore is a pretty decent outside shooter, and a bit bigger, too.