Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

If we bring in Moore we can continue to bring in more and respectfully get rid of less ( Copeland or Taylor). We can't survive in this ACC against the UNCs and Dukes with their top talents by being sentimental.
Copeland and Taylor were better than Westry in the minutes they received this season. And he’s coming off an injury.

Copeland and Taylor were better than Westry in the minutes they received this season. And he’s coming off an injury.
Agreed. Taylor shot 39% from 3 and I would propose that number stays the same or goes up with JJ and Judah penetrating and kicking out. Taylor is also 6’6 205. So depending on lineup could play the 2 or 3. I think people are cutting into muscle when you start naming Taylor or Brown to leave and Copeland needs another year away but the guy is from all appearances a great team player and lockeroom guy. He was cheering the guys all season. Never sulked.

1680140658360.jpeg

If we bring in Moore we can continue to bring in more and respectfully get rid of less ( Copeland or Taylor). We can't survive in this ACC against the UNCs and Dukes with their top talents by being sentimental.
I'm not on the board a whole lot, so excuse my question... who is Moore? I don't see a thread on him?

I talked to him yesterday ... at length :) I wish I could say more on the forum but I can't - for now. But as soon as I can, trust me, you all will know first...but he's good!!!
“He’s good” meaning that there’s still investment interest?

I'm not on the board a whole lot, so excuse my question... who is Moore? I don't see a thread on him?
I believe folks here are referring to Justin Moore from Villanova. Lots of speculation and rumors about him maybe coming to 'Cuse, but he's not even in the transfer portal, unless something changed this morning.

who cares? only the strong survive. it's a dog eat dog world. all's fair in love and war. Do I need any more cliches? Get the best guys possible in the portal and let the chips fall where they may (another cliche). Can’t worry about hurt feelings. The failure to hit the portal last year because we had 6 freshman coming in resulted in another lousy season. If guys don't like it, they can portal themselves. Use 14 scholarships on the best 14 you can find. Joe and Symir saw the handwriting on the wall and hit the road (more cliches).
Technically, it's 13 scholarships, but take the best 13 guys. Your cliches are correct. Roll the ball out and sees who's standing at the end.

Hopefully we see more motion offense with more passing and more pick and rolls and a lot less ISO. And a lot more activity on defense.

So, more uptempo should mean more minutes to be earned. And if Judah leaves, it means he is leaving for the NBA. Not a bad thing.

Obviously sounds like Judah is leaving with the Westry recruitment

Judah would have to drastically improve his draft position through the evaluation process for him to even sniff the first round and possibly the 2nd. Not saying he's staying or leaving but I can't find anyone anywhere where he is even remotely close to a 1st round draft pick. Stranger things have happened, but I just don't see it. I guess you never know.

If I were a betting man I would think he's back but the process has to play out a bit and Judah is definitely doing the right thing by taking an inventory as to where he is at. Wish him the best

I just can't see him playing any type of valuable minutes in the NBA next year but if he's willing to spend significant time in the G league next year then I guess who knows.

My best comp for him is Kira Lewis Jr with the Pelicans who spend 2 years at Alabama and was the 13th pick in the draft. Had a season ending knee injury his 2nd year but has had a tough time getting significant minutes.