Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

He’s a good dad.
If they are keeping their options open, it isn't 100%. I know, I know, what the kid has told the staff. Until he lets everyone else in on his secret, it just isn't 100%. No matter how hard we stamp our feet and say it is. With that said, I wouldn't be a bit afraid to go in another direction if something really good came our way and we could get a commit from them.

If they are keeping their options open, it isn't 100%. I know, I know, what the kid has told the staff. Until he lets everyone else in on his secret, it just isn't 100%. No matter how hard we stamp our feet and say it is.

Yeah, I completely agree. Quade Green was 100%, too, until he wasn't.

Lots can happen between now and 2022. Need to stop talking in absolutes until the kid makes it official.

If they are keeping their options open, it isn't 100%. I know, I know, what the kid has told the staff. Until he lets everyone else in on his secret, it just isn't 100%. No matter how hard we stamp our feet and say it is. With that said, I wouldn't be a bit afraid to go in another direction if something really good came our way and we could get a commit from them.

Would you believe?... 99?

D44D2826-9C25-4854-BA38-4B57128FA5CF.jpeg

We all remember what Quade told GMac.

and you’re right dasher - I honestly think we have a lot more leverage with these kids then we have in the past. Everyone sees our offers; if a another top 50 kid pulls the trigger before Chance, it is what it is.Gone are the days of putting all our eggs in 1 basket

We all remember what Quade told GMac.

and you’re right dasher - I honestly think we have a lot more leverage with these kids then we have in the past. Everyone sees our offers; if a another top 50 kid pulls the trigger before Chance, it is what it is.Gone are the days of putting all our eggs in 1 basket
At the very least, we can say that the dad isn't completely sold on Syracuse. At this point, he must be looking for something else. Otherwise, he would be fine with him son giving his verbal to a great school with a Hall of fame coach.

No concern at all. Literally zero concern. Dad wants Westry to keep options open.
I'm not sure how those two comments make sense together. Zero concern but his Dad wants him to keep his options open? And when you bring Kentucky into the mix anything can happen. As a better man than I once said, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Calipari has bragged that he can take any recruit away from any school if he wants. I see no reason to doubt's Cal's position on that as he can bring to bear a combination of legitimate and nefarious methods that are exceeded only by Duke.

This would be the reasoning behind daddy having the kid be patient. Lots of time here for things to change or stay the same. Hopefully the kid is solid on wanting cuse but regardless we are fishing in the big pond now and look to have plenty of really good options.

This would be the reasoning behind daddy having the kid be patient. Lots of time here for things to change or stay the same. Hopefully the kid is solid on wanting cuse but regardless we are fishing in the big pond now and look to have plenty of really good options.
I thought we were fishing in the small pond now (with big fish)... :p