Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

In my opinion Westry has been and still is the far superior 2/3 prospect.

The fact he moved out west, I say our chances are poor that he commits to SU. Is there anyone we signed that moved East to west?

The fact he moved out west, I say our chances are poor that he commits to SU. Is there anyone we signed that moved East to west?
So what Western program do you think he has his eye on?

Jesse Edwards, Bourama Sidibe
4mhm62.jpg

FWIW, Chance is somewhat active on FB & his father recently shared this photo to his page with the hashtag “#Notcommitted”. It’s the only recruiting-related content I saw in a brief perusal. His recruitment has been pretty quiet publicly but I was wondering if any of our resident insiders had any insight on things. In watching/reading countless interviews & features, he’s always struck me as someone who’s really proud of his PA roots, enough so to potentially spend his college years back east & within driving distance of family & friends.

FB735D7B-53AC-4D0C-B1CF-863A08685757.jpeg

Last edited:
A Google follow-up brought me to this article from 2/3/21.

“Westry is a 6-foot-4 four-star player and is the No. 29 player in the country. He holds numerous offers and it's been predicted that he'll wind up at either Syracuse or Maryland.”

“Westry is a 6-foot-4 four-star player and is the No. 29 player in the country. He holds numerous offers and it's been predicted that he'll wind up at either Syracuse or Maryland.”

What in tarnations?

FWIW, Chance is somewhat active on FB & his father recently shared this photo to his page with the hashtag “#Notcommitted”. It’s the only recruiting-related content I saw in a brief perusal. His recruitment has been pretty quiet publicly but I was wondering if any of our resident insiders had any insight on things. In watching/reading countless interviews & features, he’s always struck me as someone who’s really proud of his PA roots, enough so to potentially spend his college years back east & within driving distance of family & friends.

View attachment 196568
Kind of hard to fully answer this question without starting a whole bunch of other side convos. Some of which I’m not comfortable with discussing. However maybe I’d say it this way is that purely from a recruiting standpoint he is in play. However I’m not sure he will ultimately end up here and not necessarily because he doesn’t want to come here.

I don't think he will come here.

Kind of hard to fully answer this question without starting a whole bunch of other side convos. Some of which I’m not comfortable with discussing. However maybe I’d say it this way is that purely from a recruiting standpoint he is in play. However I’m not sure he will ultimately end up here and not necessarily because he doesn’t want to come here.
I appreciate you sharing what you can & obviously won’t press you to elaborate. I’ll just say that this sounds very similar to Etienne’s recruitment.

Westry plays with Bronny James at Sierra Canyon. But his other backcourt mate, Amari Bailey, just committed (or rather recommitted) to UCLA. He’s the #3 player in the Class of 2022