Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

1623675562783.png

Not answering for 007, but I think people are concerned because he's never officially visited.

Perhaps that doesn't matter nor mean anything. Lands surprised the coaching staff with a commitment that they weren't expecting. In his early interviews, he indicated that he started paying attention to Syracuse years ago when we were recruiting his teammate, Isaiah Stewart, and that he liked us a lot from that point on. So maybe it doesn't matter, and he's psychologically invested. But until we get that visit... there's a risk.
Hes literally officially visiting this month

Is that publicly confirmed? I thought last we had seen on Lands it was that he was planning on visiting in the fall.

Which means that he literally hasn't visited yet. Which is literally what I said.

And which literally doesn't change the original point -- commitments from recruits who don't visit tend to be on shakier foundations. Getting Lands onto campus for an official would be terrific.