Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

Q reminds me of a player I saw in rec. games in the deep South on the wrong side of town. His reflexes and moves were lightning quick but he was a turnover machine and not a shooter. It is an open question whether Q can put it together.

I have some inside info there. They are going to be bad next year. Samuels transferred because Holloway had him playing center. They’ll be lucky to win 5-6 Big East games next season.
There have been rumblings of Seton Hall even before Westry entered the portal "officially". We know how Shaheen works.

They've known his portal entry was coming, so one to keep an eye on, no doubt.

JJ already recruiting for us.
A61BD928-2F6C-4BC8-9029-942FA688344B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
They would have went to the NIT again the following year without Anthony. One player that is the right fit can make all the deference in the world in basketball.
Disagree. They went to the sweet 16 without Melo, Duany, and Edelin for the second half in 2004.

Edelin, GMac, Duany, Warrick, Forth with Pace and McNeil off the bench is easily a tourney team in 03.

They would have went to the NIT again the following year without Anthony. One player that is the right fit can make all the deference in the world in basketball.

Yeah gmac and edelin even without Melo is a top 25 team and there is evidence to that effect.

Freaking Mark Konecny

Disagree. They went to the sweet 16 without Melo, Duany, and Edelin for the second half in 2004.

Edelin, GMac, Duany, Warrick, Forth with Pace and McNeil off the bench is easily a tourney team in 03.
I don’t think Warrick, GMac and company were ready to shoulder the load in 03 without Melo. He got the attention of the opposing coach, best defender and everyone else in his area. Ya they went to the sweet 16 the following year without him but in my eyes they were much more seasoned by then.

I guess we’ll never know what a Meloless team in 03 would have done and thank the lord for that.

Last edited:
I don’t think Warwick, GMac and company were ready to shoulder the load in 03 without Melo. He got the attention of the opposing coach, best defender and everyone else in his area. Ya they went to the sweet 16 the following year without him but in my eyes they were much more seasoned by then.

I guess we’ll never know what a Meloless team in 03 would have done and thank the lord for that.
True, but GMac and Warrick were studs too that year.

Pace would’ve played 30 mpg, without Melo.

I think it’s a solid team with a much lower ceiling obviously.

Hard to believe that our same staff who recruited him the first time would be involved if the vibe hadn't changed this time around

well... one fairly significant piece of "same staff" not involved this time around
I figure the assistants were more involved through the entire process