Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 94 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

Same experience with that podcast and patreon. Sorry but I’m not exposing myself to that for his podcast and it is on him. If he gave a crap about any of you, he’d find a way to not get you ripped off. Hard pass.
I got it as a free add-on when I bought 2 sweatshirts at Shirtworld. I haven't tried to listen yet.

Last edited:
Noice Split Depth GIF by MOODMAN

This staff isn’t going to take a flyer on a point forward they feel will have lingering injuries his entire career. Especially with how his initial recruitment unfolded.

Screw Slater, guys a tool. Trust Red

Is Westry considered one of the top 100 guys in the portal?

I have no idea what that means exactly, I just remember someone had mentioned that as a measure of success.

Is Westry considered one of the top 100 guys in the portal?

I have no idea what that means exactly, I just remember someone had mentioned that as a measure of success.
71st per on3 and 49th per 247

i love these quotes:

"I'm prepared to take on any role that he and the staff feel will help put us in a position to win," Westry said. "That being said, I feel like I'm most effective with the ball in my hands and with the freedom to create for others as well as myself. I pride myself on being a guy who makes his teammates better. Coach Autry and I discussed that a lot during my recruitment process. He let me know that he has trust in me as a lead guard and that I'll have opportunities to do what I feel like I do best."

"I was not recruited to replace Judah," Westry said. "Coach is respecting Judah's process, and I'm doing the same. I know that Judah will do what's best for him, but I welcome the opportunity to play with such a dynamic talent. And I'm super excited to share a backcourt with JJ. I think that our games complement each other in ways that could lead to a lot of success for our team."

"I was definitely disappointed that I couldn't start my freshman season fully healthy," Westry said. "But everything happens for a reason, I really believe that. I'm thankful that Coach [Bruce] Pearl and the Auburn medical team saw that I wasn't myself and didn't pressure me to keep playing and risk my long-term health. We decided that taking the redshirt was the best decision for my future. It was really tough for me, both mentally and physically, but I finally feel like I've fully recovered in all respects. I'm excited to get back out there next season and play at the level I know that I'm capable of."

Sounds very intelligent ... and healthy...this is great news.

As long as he's reasonably healthy, this is a terrific pick-up.

We still need a center, but Westry brings a lot of versatility, and plays pretty good defense. You can't teach 6-6 with his skills.
with JJ, Westry, (Judah?), Benny, etc...there's going to be so many scoring threats that scoring from the Center might not be as important as recent seasons...or even preferable...not everyone can be a top option in an offense

... finding a big body to do the dirty work down low will be a lot easier than having to replace JE's production...(very feasible)

I hope Jesse left because they told him he'd be gtting less touches in the offense next season.

Last edited: