Class of 2017 - SG Chris Duarte (NY) to Oregon | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Chris Duarte (NY) to Oregon

Bad news for us if true. Needed to lock this kid down.

What is going on with our guard recruiting? You'd think that any guard with talent would be chomping at the bit to come here, given the bountiful PT that will be available next year. Is there really a better option out there available to this kid than us, in terms of both scale of program / opportunity?

It's like we're congenitally incapable of landing guards lately.

I hope Alpharetta, SgtCuse, upperdeck, and co. aren't reading this. Everything is all roses according to them re: recruiting.

Bad news for us if true. Needed to lock this kid down.

What is going on with our guard recruiting? You'd think that any guard with talent would be chomping at the bit to come here, given the bountiful PT that will be available next year. Is there really a better option out there available to this kid than us, in terms of both scale of program / opportunity?

It's like we're congenitally incapable of landing guards lately.

But on the flip side - there's also probably not much pressure on Duarte to commit anytime soon. It's not like there's 5 other similar kids cuse is courting who could pull the trigger faster and cost him his spot while hes asleep at the wheel.

He's competing against a kid we've been watching for 3-4 years and still haven't offered and a kid who may or may not reclassify for at least 2 scholarships (if not more).

Besides that - have we even officially offered him?

Ha! me too! The place seems to go nuts from what I can tell from the broadcast?

Don't think I've ever gotten excited over a $1.29 taco unless they were supremes and there were 10 on them in front of me. One won't even open my eyes.

Don't think I've ever gotten excited over a $1.29 taco unless they were supremes and there were 10 on them in front of me. One won't even open my eyes.

But tell me, doesnt all hell break loose in The Dome?!? I sure hope more people comment on your reply!

Last edited:
I always wondered, does anybody really go out for a free taco?

When the school still had Taco Bell in Kimmel (RIP), there would be a massive line. Never underestimate broke college kids getting free food. Just enough to hold you over for the night after the dining hall has closed.

FYI: Mc Allister has an article on skout regarding Duarte's visit on Saturday. I'm not a member so I couldn't read it but I doubt there are any juicy tidbits in there.

So, this kid is a 2017, and still hasn't committed, and (at least in theory) has an offer from us, and we have bazoodles of playing time to offer, and...
they're going to think about it?!???!!! :noidea:

He could potentially play early and often here, vs. being back-fill at another big program, or a medium fish in a small pond at a lesser program. And none of them are gonna pack 25-30-35k into their home court for big games.

I don't get it. :crazy:

So, this kid is a 2017, and still hasn't committed, and (at least in theory) has an offer from us, and we have bazoodles of playing time to offer, and...
they're going to think about it?!???!!! :noidea:

He could potentially play early and often here, vs. being back-fill at another big program, or a medium fish in a small pond at a lesser program. And none of them are gonna pack 25-30-35k into their home court for big games.

I don't get it. :crazy:
The kid is in a position of power. I wish he would hurry up and choose SU, but there is nothing pushing him. Who knows what opportunities may open up for him in the next couple of months. At the same time, I would hope we are pursuing a number of other options.

Some of you guys need to listen to Dean Francis podcast and then you would understand why it's taking a little longer.
I can't wait to listen to it tonight.

Some of you guys need to listen to Dean Francis podcast and then you would understand why it's taking a little longer.

I don't always have an hour+ to listen to it, so maybe some of you guys who have, could post a Cliff Notes / bumper sticker version of why it's going like it is.
Thx in advance!

Thanks for alerting me to this--hadn't seen the other post on the hoops board.

FYI: Mc Allister has an article on skout regarding Duarte's visit on Saturday. I'm not a member so I couldn't read it but I doubt there are any juicy tidbits in there.

This is the article that says him and his camp are in no rush to decide and will take their time with his decision...I was a little bummed out after reading that. I thought for sure we would have another guy in orange after the UVA game

This is the article that says him and his camp are in no rush to decide and will take their time with his decision...I was a little bummed out after reading that. I thought for sure we would have another guy in orange after the UVA game
Check out Francis's podcast. He addresses both Duarte and Ayala towards the end of the podcast. My interpretation, it's more of us waiting to make sure everything is ok.