Class of 2017 - SG Chris Duarte (NY) to Oregon | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Chris Duarte (NY) to Oregon

This is the article that says him and his camp are in no rush to decide and will take their time with his decision...I was a little bummed out after reading that. I thought for sure we would have another guy in orange after the UVA game

if I had a son considering Syracuse, I would probably check out their online sites. I would probably come across Syracusefan.com early in the process. I would read all season long that there is an uprising among Syracuse fans calling for the early ousting of Jim Boeheim and of lots of other fans doubting the ability of Mike Hopkins to lead the program after Boeheim leaves. I would then advise my son to wait until the season is over to make sure Boeheim is still coach next year.

of course, I don't have a college age son and I already know about this site and I already know many of the posters whose opinion to discount, but maybe Chris Duarte's parents do not

if I had a son considering Syracuse, I would probably check out their online sites. I would probably come across Syracusefan.com early in the process. I would read all season long that there is an uprising among Syracuse fans calling for the early ousting of Jim Boeheim and of lots of other fans doubting the ability of Mike Hopkins to lead the program after Boeheim leaves. I would then advise my son to wait until the season is over to make sure Boeheim is still coach next year.

of course, I don't have a college age son and I already know about this site and I already know many of the posters whose opinion to discount, but maybe Chris Duarte's parents do not

I will agree that there Is some crazy stuff on here sometimes but if parents and recruits were basing their decisions off of fan sites then every single program in the country would be screwed...sports fans are nuts that's all there is to it! You can get on UK forums right now and people are having absolute melt downs...I'm sure UVA fans were having a ball after we came back for a second time to hand them a big L. If anything they probably get a good laugh out of some of the stuff they read on here, I certainly get a kick out of it from time to time! I do think there are more passionate and knowledgeable posters on here then crazy ones. Love reading some of the stuff on here that many people post with reliable and accurate info regarding anything cuse related!

Well it's not an hour+, but okay.
Hey there. I also didn't realize there was stuff at the end regarding these guys. I must have listened only up until that point, then missed it. A question/suggestion:
Could you put 'time signature indexes' in the notes along with the podcast file? Roughly indicating at what points you're discussing certain items? An example, on youtube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CJ5j8RBFUk

In their notes, down at the "Interesting bits and go-to sections…" it shows 'topics' and where in the timeline you can find them. Chapters, in essence. Would be cool not only to be able to directly access a specific bit, if i don't have a full 40 to go through it, but also so that we know the contents. Just a suggestion.

I will now return to Otto's world to finish what i started...

Hey there. I also didn't realize there was stuff at the end regarding these guys. I must have listened only up until that point, then missed it. A question/suggestion:
Could you put 'time signature indexes' in the notes along with the podcast file? Roughly indicating at what points you're discussing certain items? An example, on youtube:

In their notes, down at the "Interesting bits and go-to sections…" it shows 'topics' and where in the timeline you can find them. Chapters, in essence. Would be cool not only to be able to directly access a specific bit, if i don't have a full 40 to go through it, but also so that we know the contents. Just a suggestion.

It's 2017, how can people not just download this podcast onto their cell phone and listen to it in the car/getting ready in the morning/at the gym/at work for a combined 45 minutes? It's not the entire Star Wars series on VHS... You can listen in the background while going about your normal life.

It's 2017, how can people not just download this podcast onto their cell phone and listen to it in the car/getting ready in the morning/at the gym/at work for a combined 45 minutes? It's not the entire Star Wars series on VHS... You can listen in the background while going about your normal life.

In my case, with this particular podcast, it's not that i can't find 40 minutes. It's that i got 20-something minutes in, and had to attend to something else, and because i assumed (wrongly) that the remainder was a continuation of what i had already been listening to, i didn't go back to finish it. My mistake. I usually go all the way through in one sitting. But, just in general, i don't like podcasts—just don't get into listening without visuals for that much time. Dean's is the exception that i make.

No problem. Will start doing that in future pods. I start the recruiting talk around the 26 minute mark.

Todays stat line: 33 pts, 12 boards, 7 blocks, 4 assists. I'm wondering if one of the reasons he hasn't been offered yet is because of his transcripts. I'm not exactly sure how long he has been in this country but not a lot of guys come from the D.R. Maybe they want to make sure he qualifies. Definitely should be good enough.

I am also very short on time and have a list of podcasts that I try to squeeze in every week on my way to and from work. For the Francis podcast, I will say that you can easily put it 1 1/2 x and still understand him in full. A lot of my others need to stay on that 1X speed, but in this case it works with literally no degradation in understanding. I wish I had a few more like that to help maximize my time.

Is there a reason we haven't offered him yet? Is it because we know he would accept instantly and we're holding off for a bigger fish?

What occurs to me--with no inside information--is transcript. After Diagne, they have to be very gun-shy.
Yeah, I think an offer is coming, but it is conditional on him being eligible.

What occurs to me--with no inside information--is transcript. After Diagne, they have to be very gun-shy.
Given how few many open schollies we have, I really hope they are not waiting on his transcript/eligiblity. They need to get his commitment first and foremost... if he doesn't qualify oh well, use the scholarship next year. Its not like we have hordes of kids beating down the door to come play at Syracuse to the point where we can't afford to waste as scholly.

OFFER HIM WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THE WAIT. Hop and Jimmy going a great job to make it a difficult transition, its obvious they need to offer either Duarte or Washington and they are stalling. Not good.

OFFER HIM WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THE WAIT. Hop and Jimmy going a great job to make it a difficult transition, its obvious they need to offer either Duarte or Washington and they are stalling. Not good.

I thought we offered this one already