Class of 2024 - SG Ian Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Ian Jackson (NY) Offered

Does this happen often where a coach is openly trying to flip a player already committed to another school? Doesn't seem appropriate.
Maybe more covertly, but it's always a long way away until National Signing Day. I think you see more flips in football, but both sports have lots at stake.

There’s a lot of ammunition to use against Pitino. He talks a great game, but his character and values leave a lot to be desired. You can bet teams will use it against him. His age isn’t an advantage either. They may visit MSG, but I doubt they check out the on campus facilities.

There’s a lot of ammunition to use against Pitino. He talks a great game, but his character and values leave a lot to be desired. You can bet teams will use it against him. His age isn’t an advantage either. They may visit MSG, but I doubt they check out the on campus facilities.
Bad mouthing another coach or school makes it look like you have little to offer. Shows lack of character and confidence.

Yeah, I feel like until a player signs his NLI, it's open season, but I could be wrong. I just hope SU is safe with Elijah.
I could be wrong, but I don’t see Pitino going after a Cuse recruit who’s already committed to us. I know, I know, he’s a sleazeball. But he has too much respect for JB and a 50-year friendship (their families are close), even if JB isn’t the head guy anymore. Maybe for a top 5 kid like Boogie I could see it, but not for a kid like Moore.

Bad mouthing another coach or school makes it look like you have little to offer. Shows lack of character and confidence.
It happens all the time. It happened to JB for the past 10 years about his age and possible retirement and the zone. Programs use proxies to do it. It’s not a good look though.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I don’t see Pitino going after a Cuse recruit who’s already committed to us. I know, I know, he’s a sleazeball. But he has too much respect for JB and a 50-year friendship (their families are close), even if JB isn’t the head guy anymore. Maybe for a top 5 kid like Boogie I could see it, but not for a kid like Moore.
Coach K did it to his good friend JAB. All's fair in love, war and recruiting.

Does this happen often where a coach is openly trying to flip a player already committed to another school? Doesn't seem appropriate.
No In hoop it is considered very bad form.

It matters to parents who expect him to watch over their son.

It matters to parents who expect him to watch over their son.
There’s a difference between bad mouthing and critiquing/laying out the truth unfortunately this society can’t tell the difference at all.

I agree about Moore. But it will be interesting re: Boogie and Ian.

Coach K did it to his good friend JAB. All's fair in love, war and recruiting.
There’s a huge difference. If you’re talking about Jourdan Tucker, he hadn’t committed to Cuse. Duke and Cuse were among his final 3 schools. Moore has publicly committed to Cuse.

There’s a huge difference. If you’re talking about Jourdan Tucker, he hadn’t committed to Cuse. Duke and Cuse were among his final 3 schools. Moore has publicly committed to Cuse.
It's semantics because I thought Duke wasn't even in the picture and Tucker was a Cuse lean until Duke got involved. But, yes, he hadn't committed to Cuse. According to this article written by Mike Waters on 5/4/17, Duke wasn't even mentioned, yet according to this ESPN link, he signed with Duke on 5/13/17. So, a lot happened between the 4th and 13th. There is a reason Coach K is known as Rat Face.

Yeah well it’s happened to us quite a bit in JB’s later years. That’s what happens.
People said JB wasn’t a good guy? Interesting. Saying I will be here to coach you, but you don’t know how long JB will coach is not really negative recruiting, in my mind. Saying coach X is a bad guy, don’t go there, is negative.

It's semantics because I thought Duke wasn't even in the picture and Tucker was a Cuse lean until Duke got involved. But, yes, he hadn't committed to Cuse. According to this article written by Mike Waters on 5/4/17, Duke wasn't even mentioned, yet according to this ESPN link, he signed with Duke on 5/13/17. So, a lot happened between the 4th and 13th. There is a reason Coach K is known as Rat Face.

Why it was a shame that Tucker did not go to Syracuse, it seems like Syracuse was lucky because Tucker never excelled at wherever he landed.

St. John’s will now have Repole on board. Very few can outbid him…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom