Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

The better this kid plays the less our chances of getting him. The blue bloods will be motivated to snatch him. And he sounds like he puts them on a pedestal.

The better this kid plays the less our chances of getting him. The blue bloods will be motivated to snatch him. And he sounds like he puts them on a pedestal.

I took it as him being respectful. He reinforces relationships all the time and it seems like we are in the lead on that front. I didn’t read that article as negative.

Stock-rising SG Jalil Bethea: "Seeing (Coach Cal) is like seeing God"
Some nice quotes about Cuse in this article but it does sound like he really wants to go to a blue blood. Gonna take a really strong effort on our end to fend them off. Regardless of the outcome, it’s encouraging to see just how hard our staff is working on him and making him known how big of a priority he is.
It helped when we were considered a fringe blue blood. These past few years of bad results have been painful, and Cuse’s reputation took a real hit. We need to get back to contending for league and national titles.

One of my favorite all-time cbb squads was the old "Flying Illini" team from the University of Illinois:

Marcus Liberty,
Kendall Gill,
Nick Anderson,
Kenny Battle,
Stephen Bardo,
Lowell Hamilton.

None of them over 6'8, all of them could handle, pass, board, and played 100% positionless basketball.
They were so far ahead of their time, but that's the type of team I'd love to see SU bball evolve into.
What year did that squad kill our dreams of a Championship, ‘89?

What year did that squad kill our dreams of a Championship, ‘89?
Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Can’t understate enough how good this kid is. Even his current ranking is a little low to me.

JJ and Judah are likely gone after next season.
If we land Jalil he runs the point from day 1.
In my opinion Westry likely comes back for another year after next year, as JJ and Judah will be the main show. You will still have Cuffe and Moore.

Even with losing JJ and Judah we could still have a guard a rotation of Jalil, Moore, Westry and Cuffe. Autry knows what he’s doing, he’s not building for just next year, he’s building the program back up.

Can’t understate enough how good this kid is. Even his current ranking is a little low to me.

JJ and Judah are likely gone after next season.
If we land Jalil he runs the point from day 1.
In my opinion Westry likely comes back for another year after next year, as JJ and Judah will be the main show. You will still have Cuffe and Moore.

Even with losing JJ and Judah we could still have a guard a rotation of Jalil, Moore, Westry and Cuffe. Autry knows what he’s doing, he’s not building for just next year, he’s building the program back up.
That is all very logical. And, we are recruiting so many REALLY good guards in 2025, the cupboard wouldn’t appear to be bare for years to come.

Ranked 80th on 247. Has 17 other offers
It's crazy though for 2024, every single one of our players well both of them. I mean plus this guy have skyrocketed through the rankings.

Elijah is in the 50s now. a jump from like a 100 or 90 something. Donnie Freeman he was I think in the 50s, now hes in the mid 30s and this guy is now an all-American in the teens so this is extremely exciting And just as impressive.. a lot of people are picking this guy to come here.

Last but definitely not least is Carmelo Anthony's son. Most definitely would just be the icing on the cake of this class. He's gonna be a star regardless. I think they have a monitor range just because of his pedigree. And if he came here I mean the notoriety it would bring would be tremendous. I don't care what his turns out to be. If it's on the low side which I consider sixty ish to be i'm a little sad for him. I would love that I will get season tickets to see him play. It's just it'll be so beautiful. I mean his kid to continue The beautiful legacy that camelo started when He gave us the match of the year imagine football player in college basketball and pretty much did what Kevin Durant did a year or 2 before he did it. So he was like the 1st thank you might have been a national player. The year is a freshman I'm not sure. Of course he was fresh from the air and then that's the obvibut I mean the guy's stats were tremendous and we was not in Syracuse. Syracuse we'll not have won the title. But the way I see it won't be the last and I'm thinking sooner rather than later.

Yeah UK could be headed down a repeat of their recent losing season they had. Nail in coffin to Cal if that happens
You really think they would fire him? I mean I know last season was not good at all for them but they have a number one recruiting class. But really I mean that's nothing new for them so I'm not? I'm worried more about Duke or Kansas then Kentucky. I mean if they were to offer them. I mean this guy.

You know those new uniforms are actually very very nice very sexy. I like them I didn't think I. Would you know being a throwback? And everything? But I'm sure they did a little bit of fine tuning and I just think they are very good looking uniforms. And you know even in with this day in edge comparing to other uniforms? They're right up there. I think they're better looking than just a plain meal the cuse blocks or Syracuse block jersey.
Definitely more style 100% and we all know that obvit's a. It's a very good bet thautry has much more than JB

You really think they would fire him? I mean I know last season was not good at all for them but they have a number one recruiting class. But really I mean that's nothing new for them so I'm not? I'm worried more about Duke or Kansas then Kentucky. I mean if they were to offer them. I mean this guy.

BBN has been upset with the lack of success for a while now...

BBN has been upset with the lack of success for a while now...
Yeah I mean it wouldn't surprise me either way. I guess it would surprise me a little bit more if it happened because hes always brought so much notoriety and. So many pros right now from Kentucky he always makes uk s o much money so if they continue to lose yes of course right? I just think there would be a little bit gunshy imo

Yeah I mean it wouldn't surprise me either way. I guess it would surprise me a little bit more if it happened because hes always brought so much notoriety and. So many pros right now from Kentucky he always makes uk s o much money so if they continue to lose yes of course right? I just think there would be a little bit gunshy imo
He should've done a lot more w/ the talent he's bought in. When Coach K got into the OAD game, he was a consistent NC contender, but PayPalCal has floundered the last few years.
It still would be stupid to get rid of him though- no one's gonna recruit better than Cal.

He should've done a lot more w/ the talent he's bought in. When Coach K got into the OAD game, he was a consistent NC contender, but PayPalCal has floundered the last few years.
It still would be stupid to get rid of him though- no one's gonna recruit better than Cal.
Well, of course, what I mean? I guess I'll use this analogy that Kentucky's coach has a better overall run As a headcoach then JB and I say it is. And everybody should know that this is not just black & white. You can't say oh, hes all a famous or hes number 2 and wins, so that's not true. No, that's there's a lot slot more tours than that. And I just, I'm pretty sure that among his peers and players around who have played for him and have not just no, have counted, encountered or play It again or coach. Would say the same thing.

I mean, I would say, and I've always thought this for a long time. Or at least you know, for what? For a long time, I'll go with that. JB was his own worst enemy in some ways because of. His lack of flexibility in his style the way he coached. I mean, he thought it was his way. And everyone else must be stupid. That's the way it came off to me. Maybe not exactly it owes words, but close enough. You gets point, and that's why. I think that they're just not going to just drop Hem at Kentucky unless they know they had somebody better. I'll meet taking a chance. I mean, they know because I mean, for the most part.
I can't believe I forgot to get the guy's name. But Kentucky's coach, he has been very, very consistent Besides last season and still he brings in the best class in the nation so far so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom