Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

That might not be a bad thing for us.

Yeah, Red can put a positive spin on it, regardless of how his first year goes.

If it goes well - see? This is the style you want to play, and we’re doing it.

If there are struggles - see? You are the player we need to get over the hump, and have success with this new style.

Well being he would be in year 2- he would have his chance to help further cement that style of play on the court. I think it's smart to hedge on what Red and staff can do on the court but the odds of a good year outweigh the odds of a bad year by a good margin with Judah back.
He will likely make his choice in the early signing period--which for Class of '24 is this November.

Back in the day Jonny Flynn wasn't that highly ranked and then over 5-6 months (summer circuit) he became a top-40 player.

Similar vibes here. Bethea is moving up fast.

Watching more and more of him... is he going to end up better than Fland? I think it's a fair debate.

Kid is special. I liked the Trae Young comparison. Everything looks easy to him and he is a half second ahead of the defense whether he is passing, shooting or driving.

Watching more and more of him... is he going to end up better than Fland? I think it's a fair debate.

Kid is special. I liked the Trae Young comparison. Everything looks easy to him and he is a half second ahead of the defense whether he is passing, shooting or driving.
Fland better overall game IMHO

Really feel that Bland has moved on from the Cuse. Need to focus recruiting energies on Bethea, Mikey Lewis and Jackson.

Fland better overall game IMHO

Yeah I was thinking more on potential than right now but would agree at the moment. Bethea keeps getting better and better though in all aspects from the tape.

"Recruitment: He has taken official visits to Syracuse and Temple and carries offers from Alabama, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Kansas, LSU, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Penn State, Rutgers, Seton Hall, UCLA, UCONN, Villanova, Virginia Tech, Xavier and many others.

Previous ranking: 60

New Ranking: 18

Why he moved: One of the top perimeter scorers in the country, Jalil Bethea followed up a strong junior season at Warminster (PA) Archbishop Wood with a strong spring running with Team Final in Nike’s EYBL. A lean and skilled two guard, Bethea can really shoot from deep. He's also shown tremendous improvement off the dribble and in creating his own offense. He’s still growing and plays with just as much confidence as he does skill."

Sky is the limit here, kid just keeps getting incrementally better by the month. The staff did an incredible job identifying the talent when he was unknown, now it's time to keep out the sharks as he becomes a can't miss 5 star guy. Whole different ballgame.

If he became an elite dribbler like Steph, this kid could be absolutely unreal. He already is, but if he gets that a little more fluid, watch out
I swear, watching video of him last year he looked like a catch and shoot guy and that’s pretty much it. He was good at that. But, now he is looking like he can handle it, get to the rim, pull up, spot up and pass. With the rate that he’s improving, I wouldn’t be surprised if he improves his handle to the extent you are talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom