Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

Starting to feel like Syracuse is gonna get left at the altar again.

Always Sunny Troll GIF

There's a reason offers from Kentucky (for example) are coveted. It's a mark of prestige. We all know they don't go a year without putting guys into the league. Even if I was a recruit who didn't want to go to Kentucky, I can imagine desiring the offer. If you can play for Kentucky you can play anywhere. If you can flash that offer, you can claim to be elite. We are not that school right now.

There's a reason offers from Kentucky (for example) are coveted. It's a mark of prestige. We all know they don't go a year without putting guys into the league. Even if I was a recruit who didn't want to go to Kentucky, I can imagine desiring the offer. If you can play for Kentucky you can play anywhere. If you can flash that offer, you can claim to be elite. We are not that school right now.

You’re not that school right now.

I mean this take (minus the NIL part obv) is exactly what you’d find on this board circa 2014 or before.

But I’m sure he sees himself as one and done. So it makes little sense for him to go to a place where he not play his natural position at the next level right off the bat.
As far as the NBA goes, it's far better for your draft prospects (and playing time) to be a tall PG rather than be viewed as an undersized SG. He'll get drafted higher if he plays PG. That should help us.

I think what some are trying to say is that is just a perception because most players that go to Kentucky, Duke, etc would’ve been drafted regardless where they went to school. However you’re right, the perception alone does wonders for them regardless.

I think he’s moving up his decision because he’s already decided he’s coming to SU.
From your lips to Bethea’s ears.

However….he has said that he wants to visit SU again when he can actually see Autry Ball. Truthfully, that is the smart move if he has decided on SU but wants any remaining questions answered on how and what Red is going to do.

If he speeds up his decision without doing that, especially after having just visited Kansas, it would not seem particularly positive.

Tough to gauge whether Jalil "speeding up" his decision timeline is good or bad for SU at this time, since he still has to OV to SU again on Sept. 15, along with Miami this weekend and 'Bama later on. Based on what I've heard from analysts, it doesn't appear that 'Bama or 'Nova are huge players. That could change, but for now, it's SU, Kansas and Miami. Taking a second OV to SU is encouraging. The Kansas visit was strong, analysts said this week. Jalil has a strong AAU connection to the 'Canes coaching staff. Stay tuned.

Want to stay on topic of Jalil but there is absolutely no doubt with what's been said , shown and done before game 1 of the Red era that he and the staff are locked in and have had their ears to the ground for years knowing what needs to get done. That being success as soon as possible and putting in the work to get there on all fronts.

We've preached patience here which is great but knowing the competitive nature of these guys you can read between the lines the self demand placed to scratch out as much success as possible right away and thus make it clear that the push for the top dogs in recruiting is about shifting this thing into gear not just rebuilding an engine. This would be such a monster get and looks like it's gonna be a dogfight but there is not a whole lot more I could ask this staff as an alum and fan to do in their efforts to make it happen

Well said. We all know it's TBD how Red & Co. will fare in games, but from a recruiting standpoint, they are putting in the work. Reaffirmed Elijah. Got Donnie. In the thick of it with Jalil. Offers out to numerous 4/5-stars in 2025/2026. More than just doling out offers, though, the full staff has been so present and active at AAU sessions and other events during live periods, along with visiting guys like Jalil and Donnie at their high schools. Gotta be encouraged by this. We would all feel bummed if Jalil heads elsewhere, but still, recruiting is on a good trajectory, IMO.

Well said. We all know it's TBD how Red & Co. will fare in games, but from a recruiting standpoint, they are putting in the work. Reaffirmed Elijah. Got Donnie. In the thick of it with Jalil. Offers out to numerous 4/5-stars in 2025/2026. More than just doling out offers, though, the full staff has been so present and active at AAU sessions and other events during live periods, along with visiting guys like Jalil and Donnie at their high schools. Gotta be encouraged by this. We would all feel bummed if Jalil heads elsewhere, but still, recruiting is on a good trajectory, IMO.

Honestly I think recruiting started for me with what was done in the portal and in retention. That was a great start and is still a key part of building this thing out

Not only are they at the events, they’re awake. That’s very important.

Honestly I think recruiting started for me with what was done in the portal and in retention. That was a great start and is still a key part of building this thing out
Oh, absolutely. Jesse aside, SU did well in the portal and in retaining most of the key guys.

I am confused by your first sentence. Please clarify…
The fans are trying to say we are an NBA factory while Jerami and Oshea are the only ones currently on an NBA roster

From your lips to Bethea’s ears.

However….he has said that he wants to visit SU again when he can actually see Autry Ball. Truthfully, that is the smart move if he has decided on SU but wants any remaining questions answered on how and what Red is going to do.

If he speeds up his decision without doing that, especially after having just visited Kansas, it would not seem particularly positive.
Speeding it up could be good. Maybe he was leaning Cuse and waiting to see if the Kansas OV changed his mind or made it difficult, and it didn’t so now he’s comfortable pulling the trigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom