Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

Tough to gauge whether Jalil "speeding up" his decision timeline is good or bad for SU at this time, since he still has to OV to SU again on Sept. 15, along with Miami this weekend and 'Bama later on. Based on what I've heard from analysts, it doesn't appear that 'Bama or 'Nova are huge players. That could change, but for now, it's SU, Kansas and Miami. Taking a second OV to SU is encouraging. The Kansas visit was strong, analysts said this week. Jalil has a strong AAU connection to the 'Canes coaching staff. Stay tuned.
Wait, what? Where has it been reported that he’s speeding up his decision timeline?

Wait, what? Where has it been reported that he’s speeding up his decision timeline?
Aha, I answered my own question. I see it in that 247 article. I don’t know, I still get the sense that he’s going to take all his visits first. But maybe just an indication that he’s not going to drag it out past this fall. I wish there was a home football game next weekend and that he was visiting for the Clemson game. He says he really likes football.

Aha, I answered my own question. I see it in that 247 article. I don’t know, I still get the sense that he’s going to take all his visits first. But maybe just an indication that he’s not going to drag it out past this fall. I wish there was a home football game next weekend and that he was visiting for the Clemson game. He says he really likes football.
He will take his visits and he still could speed his decision timeline which could be good for us.

There's a reason offers from Kentucky (for example) are coveted. It's a mark of prestige. We all know they don't go a year without putting guys into the league. Even if I was a recruit who didn't want to go to Kentucky, I can imagine desiring the offer. If you can play for Kentucky you can play anywhere. If you can flash that offer, you can claim to be elite. We are not that school right now.
Kentucky also doesn't go a year without having a guy who would have been a lottery pick out of highschool go undrafted.

How many five stars have gone to Kentucky and done nothing at all?

Last edited:
Yeah, not too long ago, reports said Jalil was eyeing December/January for a decision. Then more like November-ish. Speeding up the timeline, I believe, still means taking all of his OVs. Just not dragging stuff out for a while after the visits are done.

Kentucky also doesn't go a year workout having a guy who would have been a lottery pick out of highschool go undrafted.
Yeah but we're not talking about the legitimacy of the perception

Yeah, not too long ago, reports said Jalil was eyeing December/January for a decision. Then more like November-ish. Speeding up the timeline, I believe, still means taking all of his OVs. Just not dragging stuff out for a while after the visits are done.
Maybe he will sign early

Hmmm J Rock you wouldn't be a Kansas fan , would you? Sorry about '03 and and '96
Nop, I'm not. I've been a die hard since Ron Rowan and Walter Berry broke my heart when St. Johns beat us in the Big East championship. I'm more of a reader than poster but sorry I posted how it's starting to feel with this kid. Quade Green recruitment scarred me for life as a SU fan. I know it's a different regime this time and I have all the faith in AA but it's always different with Kansas.

Nop, I'm not. I've been a die hard since Ron Rowan and Walter Berry broke my heart when St. Johns beat us in the Big East championship. I'm more of a reader than poster but sorry I posted how it's starting to feel with this kid. Quade Green recruitment scarred me for life as a SU fan. I know it's a different regime this time and I have all the faith in AA but it's always different with Kansas.
One of the best moments of my life. Watched every game that tournament at Sports Page Sports Bar on Monroe Ave in Rochester. After Cuse won it I got thrown out bc I dumped a pitcher of beer over the only guy in bar rooting for KU!

It's not ridiculous in the eyes of recruits and that's all that matters.
I'm curious how you come to that conclusion. I think most recruits are smart enough to know if they're a top 20 recruit, a program isn't what will propel them to the NBA. It's about exposure, playing time, and fit. The blue bloods are about prestige. I don't blame a kid for wanting to play for Duke, Kentucky or Kansas. But to think that going there will help them get into the nba over going to a place like Syracuse is ridiculous.

Just take a scroll down the list of the latest nba draft. It proves my point.

1. Spurs draft Victor Wembanyama (Metropolitans 92)

2. Hornets draft Brandon Miller (Alabama)

3. Blazers draft Scoot Henderson (G League Ignite)

4. Rockets draft Amen Thompson (Overtime Elite)

5. Pistons draft Ausar Thompson (Overtime Elite)

6. Magic draft Anthony Black (Arkansas)

7. Pacers draft Bilal Coulibaly (Metropolitans 92) – Traded to Wizards

8. Wizards draft Jarace Walker (Houston) – Traded to Pacers

9. Jazz draft Taylor Hendricks (UCF)

10. Mavericks draft Cason Wallace (Kentucky)Traded to Thunder

11. Magic draft Jett Howard (Michigan)

12. Thunder draft Dereck Lively II (Duke) Traded to Mavericks

13. Raptors draft Gradey Dick (Kansas)

14. Pelicans draft Jordan Hawkins (Connecticut)

15. Hawks draft Kobe Bufkin (Michigan)

16. Jazz draft Keyonte George (Baylor)

17. Lakers draft Jalen Hood-Schifino (Indiana)

18. Heat draft Jaime Jaquez Jr. (UCLA)

19. Warriors draft Brandin Podziemski (Santa Clara)

20. Rockets draft Cam Whitmore (Villanova)

21. Nets draft Noah Clowney (Alabama)

22. Nets draft Dariq Whitehead (Duke)

23. Blazers draft Kris Murray (Iowa)

24. Kings draft Olivier-Maxence Prosper (Marquette) Traded to Mavericks

25. Grizzlies draft Marcus Sasser (Houston)Traded to Pistons

26. Pacers draft Ben Sheppard (Belmont)

27. Hornets draft Nick Smith Jr. (Arkansas)

28. Jazz draft Brice Sensabaugh (Ohio State)

29. Pacers draft Julian Strawther (Gonzaga) Traded to Nuggets

30. LA Clippers draft Kobe Brown (Missouri)

Second Round

They say so when they are asked?
That's funny. Just like they say certain universities are their dream school? There is what recruits say versus what they really feel.

Whose the last recruit we went head to head with vs Kansas? I don't count the Adams kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom