Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

And why is that? Because he changed his second OV visit? You might not have noticed but the guy you cited in your post was dead wrong today. Dead wrong.
You might not have noticed but the guy I cited in my post is in the know way more than you are.

Miami, Cuse, Nova and Kansas are all visiting Jalil at his school this week. Doesn't sound like he's committed to me. Bill Self isn't just visiting for the hell of it.
Zags saying Self visiting on Wed, same time Miami is visiting. But I don’t think it was mentioned that Larranaga was coming

Can sort of see Miami a bit like WV in trying to maximize the window for Larranaga and being irrationally ruthless. That said still is a bit of a wow. Mind you could still be Kansas too. This is all just nuts
Wild times bro

To not even receive a second visit would be an awfully tough pill for the staff to swallow at this point in the recruitment

Went from ready to jump off a tall building to happiness in the span of 10 posts
That’s seems to be a lot riding on the whim of an 18 year old you’ve never met and whose decisions have no impact on your life.

Just remember, all the experts said Judah was headed to DePaul, and then he didn't head to DePaul. Doesn't seem like things are trending well for SU with Jalil, but this recruiting stuff is so fluid. To some points above about Miami, the 'Canes have been on Jalil for as long as 'Cuse, and there is a huge AAU connection between Jalil and the Miami staff. They've also been to a FF and an EE the past two years, when SU has stunk. It would not surprise me at all if Jalil ends up at Miami...but it would make me sad.

I almost wonder if Klutch Sports is what is pushing him to Miami because there's been no noise about them in weeks.

Yeah. Whats interesting is Miami definitely didn't have as good of an off season this summer after all the Ruiz noise. Brought in Cleveland who is solid but not the kind of play maker/scorer Wong was. They've got Pack and Omier plus a couple youngsters coming back ( they are super high on Poplar who is good but not sold). So just laying out everything to get Bethea wouldn't be a surprise even if it smells a bit desperate like WVU. Klutch having the Lebron connect and Miami easily being the only market connected to Lebron in his final list all does make some sense.

If things play out positively for us though with Red- Miami isn't giving him the same experience as he would get at Cuse.

Article says his decision should be made official in the next 7 to 10 days.

No visit cancelation but it's all wrapped up? That's an interesting thing to be shared to an insider. A bit odd. Would make a lot more sense to cancel the visits then. Also this does seem quite the shift on the heels of the deal with Klutch.

Maybe a ridiculous offer they made with contingency to commit on the spot?
With NIL being a big factor in recruiting (especially the top level talent),
it would interesting to be able to quantify how large of a potential pot
of donor money is out there for individual schools. It would be difficult
since the level of an individual donor's enthusiasm and what their max $$ might be is
a variable that is tough to quantify.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom