Class of 2019 - SG Khalif Battle (NJ) | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Khalif Battle (NJ)

Truly terrible news. This kid is a stud, with a possible future in the league. Those battles really are great players, but it seems like they’re even better people. Been pulling for this kid since Tyus was around and Syracuse.com was running all those articles about Tyus and the Battle family. I wonder if he has any interest transferring out of Temple, that’s really a struggling program.
Does anyone know if he would have to sit out a year, even though his first transfer was before the new rule? Not sure if he would have any interest in coming here, but man would I kill to have a guy like Khalif Battle on our team next year... I’m hopeful one of either Q or JT is ready to play big minutes as freshman. Still think we may need another proven guard to replace Buddy, unless those two guys really do prove to be ready.

Last edited:
Truly terrible news. This kid is a stud, with a possible future in the league. Those battles really are great players, but it seems like they’re even better people. Been pulling for this kid since Tyus was around and Syracuse.com was running all those articles about Tyus and the Battle family. I wonder if he has any interest transferring out of Temple, that’s really a struggling program.
Does anyone know if he would have to sit out a year, even though his first transfer was before the new rule? Not sure if he would have any interest in coming here, but man would I kill to have a guy like Khalif Battle on our team next year... I’m hopeful one of either Q or JT is ready to play big minutes as freshman. Still think we may need another proven guard to replace Buddy, unless those two guys really do prove to be ready.
He’s already transferred once so he’s not eligible for a waiver.

I had no idea that he was at Temple. I had to look back through the thread. I have some former students who went to high school with him when he was at St. Joe's and were shocked by how athletic he was.

He’s a volume shooter with poor shot selection. We don’t need a player like that.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he tried the NBA route and ended up in the G league next season.

Definitely enough size to be a 2. Had several huge scoring games this year. 77 3s made at 35. However, 49asts to 62TOs in 27 games isn’t great to see from a guard.

Not a great sign to leave your team in the middle of the year when you’re the leading scorer. But we know the family well so that could be a bonus.

I’d be interested as him as a 6th man - 25mpg to come in and score.

He is more athletic than Tyus and with his experience, a great addition. He is a scorer and depending on the roster makeup when all is said and done, could either start or get substantial minutes off the bench.