Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

it's gonna be weird when he's playing for Indiana or St Johns...
jimmy fallon television GIF

Right, so based on that you post this “woe is me” garbage?
I mean, I was shocked at the way he came across...like SU isn't just not the favorite...but merely a school amongst many...Just my honest take.

I think he's gonna be good and I hope he comes to SU...but if it was already clear for him, he wouldnt have spoken like that, imo

so I'm just trying to see it for what it is.

I mean, I was shocked at the way he came across...like SU isn't just not the favorite...but merely a school amongst many...Just my honest take.

I think he's gonna be good and I hope he comes to SU...but if it was already clear for him, he wouldnt have spoken like that, imo

I don’t recall a recruit saying any school is his “favorite.” Then, no one else would offer and he’d miss out on taking his official visits. Why do that? And we all know the “dream school” quote is usually meaningless.

That's a whole lot of trying to play psychologist. Listen to his other interviews. Some kids are just very even keeled when they talk about everything.

That's a whole lot of trying to play psychologist. Listen to his other interviews. Some kids are just very even keeled when they talk about everything.
this. when he got the syracuse offer he AND his family made a HUGE deal out of it. His mom and dad made separate instagram posts, his mom threw a little party for him with Orange balloons and cuse gear. Cuse is not just another offer to him. Gerry and Melo are still very close. Sillyness.

okay, i'm a psychologist because I can read, apparently:

Real quotes from Kiyan:

"I like uconn...So I hope UConn reaches out. "

"If I do go to Indiana, it’s going to be great. I feel like he would put me in positions to score. He will build around me, get players that do what I do, score and also shoot the ball, defend. I’m just ready for him to reach out to me on June 15th and we will go from there.”

"... But we will see, I’m not really sure what’s going to come on June 15th.”

He also mentioned he’s keeping all his options open.

I think most of us just assumed it was a done deal and no brainer that if Kiyan became good enough he'd be an SU player. But I didnt get that vibe from this interview at all. Did you?

Which I am just referecning for all of the other fans who likely assumed this is in the bag. it clearly isn't. that's all.

I like him. I think he'd be great in Orange...but his mind seems far from made up.

Real quotes from Kiyan:

"If I do go to Indiana, it’s going to be great. I feel like he would put me in positions to score. He will build around me, get players that do what I do, score and also shoot the ball, defend. I’m just ready for him to reach out to me on June 15th and we will go from there.”

I think most of us just assumed it was a done deal and no brainer that if Kiyan became good enough he'd be an SU player. But I didnt get that vibe from this interview at all. Did you?

Which I am just referecning for all of the other fans who likely assumed this is in the bag. it clearly isn't. that's all.

I like him. I think he'd be great in Orange...but his mind seems far from made up.
Stick to cardiology, Doc. Clearly you are no psychiatrist. Every statement you quoted has underlying tones indicating he is 100% SU with no wiggle room. And, that says nothing of the body language he must have been clearly exhibiting while making those statements.

"I think most of us just assumed it was a done deal and no brainer that if Kiyan became good enough he'd be an SU player. But I didnt get that vibe from this interview at all. Did you".

All due respect, but speak for yourself. I don't think I've read anything here to suggest that this was ever a done deal.
Confident, yes- but when it comes to recruiting nowadays, nothing is ever in the bag (pun intended).

Last edited:
"I think most of us just assumed it was a done deal and no brainer that if Kiyan became good enough he'd be an SU player. But I didnt get that vibe from this interview at all. Did you?".I think most of us just assumed it was a done deal and no brainer that if Kiyan became good enough he'd be an SU player. But I didnt get that vibe from this interview at all. Did you?".

All due respect, but speak for yourself. I don't think I've read anything here to suggest that this was ever a done deal.
Confident, yes- but when it comes to recruiting nowadays, nothing is ever in the bag (pun intended).

Exactly. We've been saying it's important and great to see Red and team not being complacent here and that we think we should feel confident. Not a single person has even bought the champagne let alone put it on ice.

Real quotes from Kiyan:

In the meantime with your posts you are creating a narrative that SU isn't in a good position with him and that's just not accurate and quite frankly a hot take.

Real quotes from Kiyan:

…..and we were the first school mentioned in the article.

It is going to be Cuse or Indiana. Cuse is the heavy favorite at the moment but when in recruiting has a kid EVER said that this one particular school is the heavy favorite. Almost never. He’s going to do the interviews, he’s going to go through the recruiting process, he’s going to do what every high school basketball recruit does and says….as he should. We don’t need to read every minuscule thing he says. Just know it’s between Cuse and Indiana and Indiana has quite a bit of ground to make up

It is going to be Cuse or Indiana. Cuse is the heavy favorite at the moment but when in recruiting has a kid EVER said that this one particular school is the heavy favorite. Almost never. He’s going to do the interviews, he’s going to go through the recruiting process, he’s going to do what every high school basketball recruit does and says….as he should. We don’t need to read every minuscule thing he says. Just know it’s between Cuse and Indiana and Indiana has quite a bit of ground to make up
And for his sake he might be better off going elsewhere.
To put an 18 year old under the type of pressure he would have coming to Syracuse is outrageous.
Let him create his own legacy without the pressure of being Melo's son at Syracuse.

To put an 18 year old under the type of pressure he would have coming to Syracuse is outrageous.
Let him create his own legacy without the pressure of being Melo's son at Syracuse.

There are idiot fans that have nutty expectations but it's not the plurality. There are benefits to the exposure he would get as well. I don't see going elsewhere as better unless he was a fringe recruit whose not likely to play much.

Tbh, I think Kiyan likes that. Him and his dad are very close. He looks up to his dad and wants to carry on his legacy. No better way to do that then trying to bring a second title to Cuse with your dads name on the practice facility and Melo being a proud alum. Can you imagine if Syracuse only has 2 national titles by say 2030 and both titles were led by 1. Carmelo and 2. Kiyan….now that’s a movie.

anyone know what the Red-Melo relationship, specifically has been and is? Obv Gmac and melo are close, but wasn't sure about Red...

anyone know what the Red-Melo relationship, specifically has been and is? Obv Gmac and melo are close, but wasn't sure about Red...
I'd assume good, but it would be a lot to expect it to be better than the one he has with the old NBA coach he had some of the best years of his career with.

Hence Indiana lurking.