Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

In the meantime with your posts you are creating a narrative that SU isn't in a good position with him and that's just not accurate and quite frankly a hot take.
I remember the posts fom the Anthony family once Kiyan got the SU offer. That's why I thought it was "in the bag"...

at the time, KA was lower ranked in the recruiting rankings...and it seemed somewhat of a doubt if he would be good enough for a prominent role for SU (like many of the recent legacy recruits/commits)..not now, though...now he seems def good enough.

"I love Uconn" and "can;t wait to talk to Indiana the moment I'm allowed to" simply doused those notions in cold water for me. I guess I'm the only Orange fan who doesn't really like hearing a recruit say they love Uconn...

Not trying to create any narrative. Just going off of what is out there in print.

It's his decision and I hope he makes the best one for him, regardless of where it is...not trying to influence it (that said, I'm just commenting on how different things that are out there seem to be contradictory and confusing in terms of predicting what will happen)

I remember the posts fom the Anthony family once Kiyan got the SU offer. That's why I thought it was "in the bag"...

at the time, KA was lower ranked in the recruiting rankings...and it seemed somewhat of a doubt if he would be good enough for a prominent role for SU (like many of the recent legacy recruits/commits)..not now, though...now he seems def good enough.

"I love Uconn" and "can;t wait to talk to Indiana the moment I'm allowed to" simply doused those notions in cold water for me. I guess I'm the only Orange fan who doesn't really like hearing a recruit say they love Uconn...

Not trying to create any narrative. Just going off of what is out there in print.

It's his decision and I hope he makes the best one for him, regardless of where it is...not trying to influence it (that said, I'm just commenting on how different things that are out there seem to be contradictory and confusing in terms of predicting what will happen)

Pay close attention to a couple of the folks and what they have shared in terms of who the players are here.

As a father who's raised 2 of them, I accepted a long time ago to never place any assumptions re; the whims and wiles of a teenager.
And much like SU has done for Kiyan, all you can really do is give support, guidance when needed, and hope that they make some good decisions.
If Melo's kid decides that another school fits him better, then good luck & God bless. But it's important he always know that we're here for him, no matter what.

It would be pretty damn upsetting if he goes to Indiana but it would also be an all-time day on this board

Pay close attention to a couple of the folks and what they have shared in terms of who the players are here.
I don't recall his mom posting any other recruiting photos besides these SU ones (but I don't follow her, so I don't know for sure).

Last edited:
Tbh, I think Kiyan likes that. Him and his dad are very close. He looks up to his dad and wants to carry on his legacy. No better way to do that then trying to bring a second title to Cuse with your dads name on the practice facility and Melo being a proud alum. Can you imagine if Syracuse only has 2 national titles by say 2030 and both titles were led by 1. Carmelo and 2. Kiyan….now that’s a movie.
Charlie Woods (so far seems) to embrace the comparison to his dad.

Nobody has said this is in the bag. You definitively said it’s going to be weird seeing him in another school’s jersey - which is just as weird as saying it’s in the bag.

This is recruiting - of course there is going to be different information. He hasn’t decided yet. But given what we’ve seen from Red and this staff on the recruiting trail, it’s incredibly strange to see these Debbie Downer posts from our fans in recruitments where insiders have us firmly in the mix at worst.

Its gonna be SU unless Woodson takes IU to the next level.

Red’s gotta put some W’s on the board early. Kiyan’s not scared of playing through pap’s legacy but he also wants a chance at competing at the highest level himself.

Best thing SU can do is not miss the tournament

Red’s gotta put some W’s on the board early. Kiyan’s not scared of playing through pap’s legacy but he also wants a chance at competing at the highest level himself.

With our backcourt, the only way we miss out on the tournament is if our frontcourt is severely below average.

Guards in college are a huge deal. If JJ/Judah/Westry all play to their potentials, I don’t think the NCAA Tournament will be a problem.

With our backcourt, the only way we miss out on the tournament is if our frontcourt is severely below average.

Guards in college are a huge deal. If JJ/Judah/Westry all play to their potentials, I don’t think the NCAA Tournament will be a problem.
Our forwards need to take a step forward. Can’t drop games to middling teams like UL, Pitt, GTech, Vtech, Wake, NCSU and FSU. Those need to be wins

Our forwards need to take a step forward. Can’t drop games to middling teams like UL, Pitt, GTech, Vtech, Wake, NCSU and FSU. Those need to be wins
Our forwards need to demonstrate a little more physicality. Not Pitt or old school GTown physical, but more than we’ve been. Maybe we can negotiate to have DC come in and take part in a few practices. In return, SU can lighten up on his use of #44. Win/win.

Benny Williams might be the deciding factor between making the tournament good and protected seed good

I think there are a few guys who can be that x factor. If Benny is it great. If Benny and (Bell, Taylor or Copeland) are it great... if the tri of guards is that good on their own- great. Different possibilities all around for how that could play out.

I think there are a few guys who can be that x factor. If Benny is it great. If Benny and (Bell, Taylor or Copeland) are it great... if the tri of guards is that good on their own- great. Different possibilities all around for how that could play out.
I just think that Benny’s ceiling is so high when he puts it all together. He was the best player on the floor at times down the stretch.

I think Red can get it out of him.

Article posted late last night by the New York Post --

"Meet Kiyan Anthony, Son of Carmelo, rising basketball star who's taken his game to the next level"

He is going to be the subject of a six-part docuseries entitled "The Evolution" on Overtime's YouTube channel starting Saturday. Schools he hopes to visit are Indiana, Michigan, Florida St. and . . . Syracuse.

Article posted late last night by the New York Post --

"Meet Kiyan Anthony, Son of Carmelo, rising basketball star who's taken his game to the next level"

He is going to be the subject of a six-part docuseries entitled "The Evolution" on Overtime's YouTube channel starting Saturday. Schools he hopes to visit are Indiana, Michigan, Florida St. and . . . Syracuse.

I’m used to a good bit of trolling in the comments to an article but dang that is next level hate being thrown at Melo and fam in those comments.

Melo took us from unranked to NC - maybe Kiyan would like the idea of doing the same if we werent dancing.