Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

He's looking good. Athleticism coming along, Kiyan is a very skilled player, and some difficult moves look like they're becoming instinctive. He looks like he might be a threat to drive at the next level, in addition to his shooting.

Although, on some of those plays I can't tell if they are respecting his driving skills, or just playing bad defense.

Kid is going to be so, so good. A perk of not having crazy athleticism compared to other high-end talent right off the bat is it forces you to be really skilled to be able to compete at that highest level. He is skilled and crafty as hell already.

Need him Orange.

Last edited:

Kid is going to be so, so good. A perk of not having crazy athleticism compared to other high-end talent right off the bat is it forces you to be really skilled to be compete at that highest level. He is skilled and crafty as hell already.

Need him Orange.

Feel like that’s what really benefited his dad so much as well. Developed crazy offensive skills and then the height and athleticism followed.

This is going to be a battle to get him
Ehhhhh, it’s gonna be Cuse, Indiana or Florida state, most likely. More of a Cuse-Indiana battle right now. Melo has a great relationship with Woodson obviously. But if you want to talk comfort, feels like home, knowing all the coaches and it feeling like family. Cuse is definitely the front runner. If Cuse has a good season this year as expected, gonna be tough for Kiyan to pass up. Melo and Kiyan say that his dad wants him to go anywhere he wants, but selfishly you know Melo wants him to go to Cuse and carry on that legacy at Syracuse. Kiyan isn’t dumb, he knows what his dad prefers but Carmelo is a great dad and wants his son to do what he wants. But they both know it would be awesome to see him in Cuse. He’s obviously not a lock for Cuse but he’s a very strong lean. They aren’t just gonna come out and say he’s going to Syracuse. Let the kid enjoy the process like any other kid, let him take his visits and have fun and see other schools and network. It’s gonna come down to Cuse-Indiana and as of right now it’s Cuse but obviously a long way to go

Ehhhhh, it’s gonna be Cuse, Indiana or Florida state, most likely. More of a Cuse-Indiana battle right now. Melo has a great relationship with Woodson obviously. But if you want to talk comfort, feels like home, knowing all the coaches and it feeling like family. Cuse is definitely the front runner. If Cuse has a good season this year as expected, gonna be tough for Kiyan to pass up. Melo and Kiyan say that his dad wants him to go anywhere he wants, but selfishly you know Melo wants him to go to Cuse and carry on that legacy at Syracuse. Kiyan isn’t dumb, he knows what his dad prefers but Carmelo is a great dad and wants his son to do what he wants. But they both know it would be awesome to see him in Cuse. He’s obviously not a lock for Cuse but he’s a very strong lean. They aren’t just gonna come out and say he’s going to Syracuse. Let the kid enjoy the process like any other kid, let him take his visits and have fun and see other schools and network. It’s gonna come down to Cuse-Indiana and as of right now it’s Cuse but obviously a long way to go
Some great points here, but why Cuse-Indiana? He's taking an OV to FSU this weekend and also plans to visit Michigan. Plus, if he is awesome for LuHi in the NIBC, more big offers could come in. I agree SU has a great shot here, but as you said, long way to go ...

I don’t know if Melo really wants him to go to Cuse, the pressure to be as good as his dad could be a reason to look to go somewhere else.
Dont know if I would want my son to feel that pressure if things don’t go real smooth out of the gate.

I could see others thinking it would be a slap in the face to Autry and SU if he signs elsewhere. “Why didn’t he want to play for Red?” “What does Melo know about the new coach?”

I don’t know if Melo really wants him to go to Cuse, the pressure to be as good as his dad could be a reason to look to go somewhere else.
Dont know if I would want my son to feel that pressure if things don’t go real smooth out of the gate.
Melo‘s been working behind the scenes to help the program so I don’t think this is true.

Melo‘s been working behind the scenes to help the program so I don’t think this is true.
Just because he wants SU to do well doesn’t mean he wants his son to walk in his shoes. I don’t know what Melo wants , but I would guess he wants whatever is best for his child.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom