Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

Indiana’s coach was Melo’s coach with the Knicks. Good connection there.
Yeah but did he win a college natty playing along side of him? I know a coach who fits that bill. Lol

Proud Mom...
Screenshot_20230512-214619_Instagram.jpg

Proud Auntie...
Screenshot_20230512-214632_Instagram.jpg

Proud Kardashian...
20230512_214705.jpg

Swipe for video...
Kiyan is smooth. Plays a lot like Dad.
Watched a good amount of Kiyan this weekend through 3 games. I hope people dont create too much hype for him because of his dad. Kids been struggling mightily with his shot: 5/35 FG(14.3%) 0-18 3PT. You can definitely see the potential watching him, but hes got a long ways to go. Im sure with another couple years learning from Melo he will end up pretty good going into college but I don't see him as a top 20 type of talent. Would love to be proven wrong though!

Watched a good amount of Kiyan this weekend through 3 games. I hope people dont create too much hype for him because of his dad. Kids been struggling mightily with his shot: 5/35 FG(14.3%) 0-18 3PT. You can definitely see the potential watching him, but hes got a long ways to go. Im sure with another couple years learning from Melo he will end up pretty good going into college but I don't see him as a top 20 type of talent. Would love to be proven wrong though!
He’s only a sophomore.

He’s only a sophomore.
Yeah, kept telling myself that. Tough to judge someone at this stage of their development and im sure it was just a rough stretch for him. He definitely showed potential, was able to get to his spots easily. Just couldn’t get the ball to go down.

Completely surprised with those shooting numbers. In EYBL he was averaging 18 ppg, 5 rebs and a couple assists and shooting 35% from 3. Were these 3 games EYBL?

Completely surprised with those shooting numbers. In EYBL he was averaging 18 ppg, 5 rebs and a couple assists and shooting 35% from 3. Were these 3 games EYBL?
Yeah these are his most recent games from last night and today. Went 4-18 in the first, 0-8 in the second and 1-9 in the third.

Yeah these are his most recent games from last night and today. Went 4-18 in the first, 0-8 in the second and 1-9 in the third.
And you’re overreacting because of those numbers lol. There could be a bunch of reasons for his bad shooting, maybe he’s playing hurt.

And you’re overreacting because of those numbers lol. There could be a bunch of reasons for his bad shooting, maybe he’s playing hurt.

I don't read it as him overreacting. He simply stated some stats from his recent games, that he's been struggling recently, and that people don't hold him to too high of a standard because of who he is. Compared to a ton of posts on this site, his observations were extremely tame. He was also realistic in stating that he has a ton of time to improve with his tools.

You're also correct - anyone can have a bad few games for a large number of reasons.

I think Kiyan is going to enjoy the recruiting process and it’s going to play out a little bit. But I think it’s pretty well known in coaching circles where he is going to end up. So a lot of schools might not even waste their time recruiting him and offering him. It would be a total shock if he’s not Orange

I think Kiyan is going to enjoy the recruiting process and it’s going to play out a little bit. But I think it’s pretty well known in coaching circles where he is going to end up. So a lot of schools might not even waste their time recruiting him and offering him. It would be a total shock if he’s not Orange
Had a guy in a group we are in saying he was told it’s a done deal. IDK his sources.

Had a guy in a group we are in saying he was told it’s a done deal. IDK his sources.
I mean, don’t want to go all in and say that. But it’s as close to that without it actually being a done deal lol. Not to mention Melo has been almost like a 4th assistant this summer. He’s been watching players for the coaches and giving feedback to the coaches about certain players while at these events with Kiyan. Melo wants his kid in Orange but isn’t going to pressure him into that decision. But Melo also knows Kiyan wants to be Orange so there really is no pressure for him to choose Orange when that’s what he wants. Melo just wants to get the best players around Kiyan so he can win a championship like he did. Fully expect Melo to be at every Cuse game when Kiyan is playing and Melo to be even more involved with the program than he already is. Getting Kiyan is so much more than just getting the player on the court. It’s just as big a win off the court. He’s Autry’s most important recruit this point and it’s not gonna take much recruiting lol

I mean, don’t want to go all in and say that. But it’s as close to that without it actually being a done deal lol. Not to mention Melo has been almost like a 4th assistant this summer. He’s been watching players for the coaches and giving feedback to the coaches about certain players while at these events with Kiyan. Melo wants his kid in Orange but isn’t going to pressure him into that decision. But Melo also knows Kiyan wants to be Orange so there really is no pressure for him to choose Orange when that’s what he wants. Melo just wants to get the best players around Kiyan so he can win a championship like he did. Fully expect Melo to be at every Cuse game when Kiyan is playing and Melo to be even more involved with the program than he already is. Getting Kiyan is so much more than just getting the player on the court. It’s just as big a win off the court. He’s Autry’s most important recruit this point and it’s not gonna take much recruiting lol
Love to see it!

Though was I the only one disappointed that Melo's retirement video didn't end with Kiyan committing to the Orange?