Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

Interesting article recently about Bronny James in The Athletic, I believe. General theme was that he's a 4 star player with a 5 star name, and would there be a circus at whatever school he chooses?

The sense I get from Anthony is that he's much more under the radar than Bronny has been, and hopefully that makes his transition to college go easier. Similarly, a 4 star talent with a 5 star last name.

Interesting article recently about Bronny James in The Athletic, I believe. General theme was that he's a 4 star player with a 5 star name, and would there be a circus at whatever school he chooses?

The sense I get from Anthony is that he's much more under the radar than Bronny has been, and hopefully that makes his transition to college go easier. Similarly, a 4 star talent with a 5 star last name.
Totally agree, at least so far. Then again, Bronny is a senior and Kiyan is a sophomore. Big fan of Kiyan. Assume more offers will roll in as the contact period opens up this summer.

I hope, and assume, that Kiyan will be graded out more accurately. Really interested to see how much more he may grow and how he progresses. In general, he seems like a kid we would be interested in regardless of last name.

I actually feel bad for Bronny. If he was just a regular kid that was basically a high end glue guy and could play awesome D, I think he would still be very coveted. You're right that it feels like it's going to be a circus/ton of pressure on a kid who is having other people pump him way high. The Givony 2024 draft projection was crazy (to me, at least).

Back to Kiyan - hoping he found a home now for HS, let's see how he does. Glad we're on him early (obviously).

He just keeps getting better and better. Every update seems to show him physically bigger and stronger. In two years he will be a McDonald’s All American.

His game to me is a mix of Melo's and Jayson Tatum. Now that's not calling him a future HOFr etc just pointing to the mix of great footwork and then a silky smooth jumpshot. Hopefully he can jump up to 6-8/6-9. His ceiling is definitely higher than Bronny's imho.

How do we think his size will compare to Melo? Melo beefed up right before college I believe, so I'm wondering if he's on trajectory to look similar to his dad.

The pressure would be immense I imagine but it would be wonderful to see him play at Syracuse.

Kiyan starts playing at 00:08:22 in this video. #7 on the white team.