Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

Melo was a late grower. I've been wondering if Kiyan will have a similar build to his Dad. He seems smaller, but since his Dad had a late growth spurt and muscle gain it's possible Kiyan will too. For frame of reference, this picture popped up in my newsfeed the other day. It was taken 3 years prior to Melo suiting up for Cuse in 2002. Equivalent age to Kiyan in 2022.
Melo 1999.jpg

I mean this in only an extremely positive manner, absolutely none of the negatives that came with it:

Kiyan and Melo are starting to give me “five-star Dior bringing all of his five-star friends to ‘Cuse” vibes and I am really enjoying it

If you look at Melo as as a sophomore, he was very slight. He had a huge growth spurt. Kiyan might do the same thing.
One potential difference, from a filling out perspective: Melo had likely never seen a weight room at the time of that picture above. Kiyan has lived with the best resources, and likely is already doing all of that work. But yes, kids usually get stronger from age 16-19. From those who’ve watched him, how does he look athletically? I have no doubt about his skillset, and know it will be elite.