Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

This is precisely what he does. What coach has done less with more? Every top kid and many at the same position sign up to play there, and what do they have to show for all the lotto pick talent EVERY single year? These kids could play at OCC and go in the lottery. Also they stay one year, what in the world can he do to advance their skills they might not have in one year? Their high school coaches have more to do with developing them than paypal cal
Thank you

So let me ask, is he living up to expectations for the talent he gets? Their own fans don't think so
Given the talent he has year after year, I do think Kentucky has underperformed in the Big Dance the past few years. I never denied that. I just don't fully agree with the earlier statement made...

Can he commit already? Would love to hear some good recruiting news on the basketball front.

That ain't gonna happen. He's still taking more visits after his junior season ends at LuHi, likely to Indiana and Michigan. Kentucky is showing interest, too. Likely to announce before his senior year, so it may be a while...
I understand. I was just making a point that with all the football news, it'd be nice to get something on the basketball front.

I understand. I was just making a point that with all the football news, it'd be nice to get something on the basketball front.
Oh, I hear ya. There's definitely activity on the basketball recruiting front. SU is focused on 2025, and those prospects aren't necessarily announcing any time soon. But SU definitely is recruiting Sadiq White hard, for example, along with Kiyan, Derek Dixon, Matt Gilhool and a few others...London Jemison to take an OV in late December :)

Oh, I hear ya. There's definitely activity on the basketball recruiting front. SU is focused on 2025, and those prospects aren't necessarily announcing any time soon. But SU definitely is recruiting Sadiq White hard, for example, along with Kiyan, Derek Dixon, Matt Gilhool and a few others...London Jemison to take an OV in late December :)
Are they hitting the portal hard for next offseason? That’s going to be a huge crossroads for red and whether he has the ability to recruit over existing players. For example we can’t be stuck with a 4-headed center that just occupies roster space.

Are they hitting the portal hard for next offseason? That’s going to be a huge crossroads for red and whether he has the ability to recruit over existing players. For example we can’t be stuck with a 4-headed center that just occupies roster space.
Candidly, that's tough to tell at this point. I don't know at this point who, if any, players might transfer out following this season. 13 scholarship players, no seniors, two incoming high school commits. We'll see.

Candidly, that's tough to tell at this point. I don't know at this point who, if any, players might transfer out following this season. 13 scholarship players, no seniors, two incoming high school commits. We'll see.
Unless there’s a remarkable turn around on and off the court I think it’s best for both parties if Benny isn’t here next season. Cant count it as a definite but I feel most of us would be shocked if he’s back.

Unless there’s a remarkable turn around on and off the court I think it’s best for both parties if Benny isn’t here next season. Cant count it as a definite but I feel most of us would be shocked if he’s back.
Especially with one Donavan Freeman coming on board. Benny will just end up being Donnie Light.

Yeah, I would tend to agree.

I wonder if one of Taylor or Bell will also transfer if they feel their starting spot is going to Freeman
I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them plays the 2 and I also would not be surprised if Freeman ends up playing center.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them plays the 2 and I also would not be surprised if Freeman ends up playing center.
Red's life will be much easier if Hima and McLeod have degrees in May. They both can't be on the roster and an ACC-level center needs to be portal priority number one unless JJ leaves with Judah.

There will surely be players at Cuse transferring out. Probably Benny, maybe Peter Carey, and possibly one or two others. Judah will declare for the draft. There will be plenty of room to add guys.

There will surely be players at Cuse transferring out. Probably Benny, maybe Peter Carey, and possibly one or two others. Judah will declare for the draft. There will be plenty of room to add guys.
I totally agree. Although Kiyan is only a junior. Unless this thread is now talking about someone else :)

Red's life will be much easier if Hima and McLeod have degrees in May. They both can't be on the roster and an ACC-level center needs to be portal priority number one unless JJ leaves with Judah.
How Red handles the Center situation once the season ends will be very telling. Personally I think he's going to do what needs to be done, as he wants Syracuse to be a serious program again.