Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

USC is such a dump too. Everything is a hassle from traffic to getting around. Sure the weather is amazing every day, but I moved from SoCal to Florida and now back to cuse because of the ease of life. And yes I’m still 100 percent confident he comes here
That’s… a perspective.
I lived in LA for seven years. Wasn’t very impressed by the area around USC from the limited amount I saw, and still, I’d love to move back to LA and would never move back to Syracuse. Traffic is bad, yes. And it’s still worth it. That said, we’re talking about 2-4 years. I did my 4 in Syracuse, and if Kiyan thinks it’s the right place for his pro prep, the lifestyle matters shouldn’t be much of a factor.

I’m never 100 percent confident of anything except that I have doubt. Very glad that You are so confident, as you have ‘sources’ and I don’t…. But, I predicted USC before he trimmed his list, based on… nothing more than the difference in the citie, not wanting to walk directly in dad’s footprints, and that I would expect LA gives his parents more opportunities to see him play live. Hope I’m wrong.

That’s… a perspective.
I lived in LA for seven years. Wasn’t very impressed by the area around USC from the limited amount I saw, and still, I’d love to move back to LA and would never move back to Syracuse. Traffic is bad, yes. And it’s still worth it. That said, we’re talking about 2-4 years. I did my 4 in Syracuse, and if Kiyan thinks it’s the right place for his pro prep, the lifestyle matters shouldn’t be much of a factor.

I’m never 100 percent confident of anything except that I have doubt. Very glad that You are so confident, as you have ‘sources’ and I don’t…. But, I predicted USC before he trimmed his list, based on… nothing more than the difference in the citie, not wanting to walk directly in dad’s footprints, and that I would expect LA gives his parents more opportunities to see him play live. Hope I’m wrong.
I don’t know why you think he would be walking directly in his dads footsteps because they share the same last name. Melo is one of the best scorers in NBA history. They are totally different players and Melo was more highly rated and athletic imo. Its not even a sure thing Kiyan is an NBA player yet. I don’t have unrealistic expectations from him because who his dad is. There’s a lot to be determined at this point. Let’s let him play out his career first.

Last edited:
I get the allure of USC, but I feel like some of y'all commenting have no clue where their campus is. It's in the middle of chaos and is closer to Inglewood than it is to the beach. It's not like you're walking down the street to Hermosa Beach or Malibu. It's in the middle of a hot, crowded, dirty city. Now I know, Syracuse isn't exactly Beverly Hills either, but the point is very few kids go to USC because of the "beaches." Also, no one in So Cal gives a fudge about USC hoops.

One thing that everyone should remember here, Kiyan is close with Melo like you can’t believe. I know that’s so captain obvious but they are close close. And Kiyan knows what it would mean to his Dad for him to go to cuse. He knows he would get crazy support from the fans. If Bronny was still at USC I would be worried. But he isn’t. The relationship between Kiyan and Melo will prevail here and get him to cuse

USC is such a dump too. Everything is a hassle from traffic to getting around. Sure the weather is amazing every day, but I moved from SoCal to Florida and now back to cuse because of the ease of life. And yes I’m still 100 percent confident he comes here
2 blocks away from usc is a war zone

Bruce Pearl is a proven high level recruiter. Auburn worries me more than USC.

The lure of the sunshine and beaches, beautiful women, could be a factor.
And he wouldn't be in his father's shadow every time he stepped on the court.
Have to say USC has to be a big possibility, maybe even the favorite.

I agree with most everybody else that SU is the favorite here.

But your point highlighted above is the thing that I don't think many posters are considering. The overwhelming odds are that Kiyan won't be as good as his father was [obviously -- the guy is in the top 10 for NBA scoring all time, won a national championship, is an international basketball legend, etc.].

I could see how it might be a lot of pressure to follow in his father's footsteps -- pressure that he wouldn't have at any other school. Sure -- he'd still be Carmelo Anthony's kid, but he wouldn't have the same type of comparisons and expectations that he will at Syracuse. Big shoes to fill, especially for a downtrodden program looking for a savior.

I'm not saying that will dissuade him from coming to SU -- just how I can see how it might be a factor, in an already complex decision.

Yeah I can't imagine 1st year Kiyan is better than 2nd year Moore, especially at the rate the kid works. JJ might still be here too.
I doubt JJ stays a 4th year. Most NBA potential players don't typically stay for four years. 3 years at most seems to be the cutoff whether or not they are ready. Sadly, a 4th year makes it difficult to get Draft attention.

I doubt JJ stays a 4th year. Most NBA potential players don't typically stay for four years. 3 years at most seems to be the cutoff whether or not they are ready. Sadly, a 4th year makes it difficult to get Draft attention.
I’m a big JJ fan but I think if we want go for broke and do all we can do build around Kiyan ……. Well I think JJ will command a lot of shots and the ball a lot. Which I think will be great for this years team, but he will move on next year