Class of 2022 - SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch) | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch)

Lucy pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown again. Can’t get that kick off!

Very true, totally thought I had a winky face emoji. My apologies
Nah, it was my fault. It has been a long weekend reading responses to another thing that happened this weekend.

Looks like Gayle might have visited OSU earlier this year unofficially but did he take an OV? Apologies if this was already mentioned I haven't been keeping up with BBall recruiting.

Well thats a kick in the nuts...hope we pull it off. Gotta think we are still in a good spot but who knows with these kids

I think the scariest/most surprising thing about him possibly ending up at OSU is a number of our most trusted insiders were confident we were in the lead on this one. No one made any outrageous claims or predictions (we know how fluid recruiting can be), but it seems counter to what the general consensus was. Hopefully still lands in our favor - And it certainly still may be that, but it's a let down for sure if he makes a surprise change/decision here at the end.

So who wants to carelessly speculate what happened? Was it the Dior stuff settling down?

It’s a shame. This was my number 1 want for 2022. Niagara Falls kid, top 100 recruit. Suppose to be a lock to SU

That's your first mistake, right there.

Nothing is a lock for SU, until it is.
And then sometimes, not even then.

Well, F...my guy is saying OSU as well...what the hell.
direct quote
“SU couldn’t guarantee PT with G, Kadary and Dior coming in. If Dior falls apart with his commitment, I’m 100% certain a Tyus Battle flip for SU”
This makes total sense. I’ve even said in past threads that Westry fits better for 2022 only because I believe he can play the 3. However, I said if Gayle was willing to be patient as a freshman, he would start with Kadary in 2023 in the back court. It’s also why Zion Cruz never made sense. We have 2 guards that will most likely get 35+mpg each, then Kadary can play the leftover 10mpg as well as the wing

Well, F...my guy is saying OSU as well...what the hell.
direct quote
“SU couldn’t guarantee PT with G, Kadary and Dior coming in. If Dior falls apart with his commitment, I’m 100% certain a Tyus Battle flip for SU”
Isn't There a logjam in the backcourt at OSU with Brown, Branham, Meechie and Hardman?

Isn't There a logjam in the backcourt at OSU with Brown, Branham, Meechie and Hardman?
Pretty sure Brown and Branham are more 3s than they are 2s. And Gayle is ranked higher than Meechie and Hardman.

Hardman is also 2022. Battling for playing time with a 3-star recruit who will be a freshman the same time you are is different than battling for PT with a 4-year starter, a the best freshman guard in the country, and a top 100 kid who will be a junior.

Another swing and a miss? I thought the "insiders" said this was a done deal?
tumblr_os6m19V8HT1qmob6ro1_400.gifv

This makes total sense. I’ve even said in past threads that Westry fits better for 2022 only because I believe he can play the 3. However, I said if Gayle was willing to be patient as a freshman, he would start with Kadary in 2023 in the back court. It’s also why Zion Cruz never made sense. We have 2 guards that will most likely get 35+mpg each, then Kadary can play the leftover 10mpg as well as the wing
Only problem with him starting in 2023 is if JG3 takes his extra year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom